Coffee Chat

Amazon prime. Lavazza arabica. 1kg whole beans for less than a tenner. Not pretentious, just good coffee.
Lavazza Oro is spot on for me, very rounded, nutty and sweet, not too dark.

I’ve had that from them before. They go to the farmers market at Stokesley and Wynyard each Sunday. Lovely coffee.
Yeah, my parents found it at Hartlepool farmers' market I think, lovely fella by all accounts.

And just like that, a bag of Teesside Sumatra Gayo beans drops through the door this morning. Cannot wait to try these as my go-to is Tesco Finest Sumatran

Hasbean and Union coffee both work direct with the farms to ensure everything is as ethical as possible. Fair prices for good methods.
No chopping down rain forest or anything like that.

Oh, and you get the roast dates, which is important if you really care about making good coffee.

It's pricey, but still 5 times cheaper than going to a coffee shop.

Hasbean and Union coffee both work direct with the farms to ensure everything is as ethical as possible. Fair prices for good methods.
No chopping down rain forest or anything like that.

Oh, and you get the roast dates, which is important if you really care about making good coffee.

It's pricey, but still 5 times cheaper than going to a coffee shop.

Without wanting to derail the thread, how is your set up now? You got rid of the btc machine didn't you?

I got into [black] coffee when starting intermittent fasting in 2019 but have ramped up consumption since I got an Aeropress in November and a grinder for Christmas.
Since then I've been reet into it and have tried most beans you can get from supermarkets. My favourites have probably been Taylor's Italian blend, Lavassa Oro. The pouch I got from Rave with the Aeropress deal was really good but is rather expensive so I've not replaced it.
That said - our lass (no) got me some pre-ground Grumpy Mule Columbian stuff for Valentines and it is rather lush as well.

That Teeside coffee seems as expensive as the Rave stuff - is it worth almost double the price of the supermarket coffee? Subjective I suppose - you gets what you pays for?

Back