Coady

They’ll have paid a loan fee then would’ve had to pay £4.5m so what’s the point just to make a million or 2

Use your head man like if going to make a good quick profit but something like a million or 2 just show some class
Mate I don't think Everton have got 2m (which is all that Wolves made on the Afobe switcheroo), let alone 4.5m. Beggars can't be choosers

Last edited:

Madness IMO.

He can only really play in a 3 CB system, and couldn't get into a side who were a whisker from going down for the last 15 games of the season. He's only 30 but looked like a 50 year old at times last season. He has fallen off a cliff IMO.

That said, Leicester have money burning a hole in their pocket now and will likely sleepwalk to promotion regardless.

As mentioned above, parachute payments means they can risk a stupid wage bill for a couple of seasons and it gives them (and Leeds and Southampton) such a huge advantage. Wage bill is the greatest predictor of success.

Yeah fair

I think Soton have got some really good young players, if their manager can sort of organise quite a big squad and get them playing for each other, I think they could be the team to beat

its really tough this year, with 3 strong clubs, but hey thats the challenge, looking forward to it.

Coady is a very good signing imo, especially in the championship.

Winks - not sure on that one at all. Especially for £10m. Not sure what he’s done to warrant that price tag.

also a reminder to be realistic about fees...coady had four seasons as a premier legaue first chocie and is only £7.5mn
He's seriously on decline now though, an average wolves side didn't want him, a terrible Everton team don't want him and now he's in championship. I'd have serious doubts about him at 7m quid.

So when Eric Dier was in the England team in his 20s he wasn’t worth 20m??

Upson wasn’t a ball playing defender but I’m sure still cost like 9m when West Ham signed him 15 years ago or something like

On crack you lad

So when Eric Dier was in the England team in his 20s he wasn’t worth 20m??

Upson wasn’t a ball playing defender but I’m sure still cost like 9m when West Ham signed him 15 years ago or something like

On crack you lad
Connor coady isn't a ball playing defender either tbf.

Mate I don't think Everton have got 2m (which is all that Wolves made on the Afobe switcheroo), let alone 4.5m. Beggars can't be choosers

That’s off weeks ago and it’s a non story btw just like Burnley and Leeds were suing them last year 🙄

Dyche didn’t want Coady he was dropped by him

That’s off weeks ago and it’s a non story btw just like Burnley and Leeds were suing them last year 🙄

Dyche didn’t want Coady he was dropped by him
And, Everton started conceding more goals afterwards. Coady and Tarkowski seemed to work well together. One of the few things that did go well for Lampard.

And, Everton started conceding more goals afterwards. Coady and Tarkowski seemed to work well together. One of the few things that did go well for Lampard.
Tbh they did well together for a while was strange move dropping Coady for Keane who is absolutely chod should’ve been Mina in for Coady

A 30 year old who wasn't good enough for Wolves and who struggled at Everton dropping down to the Championship.

Looks poor value on the face of it but they won't care if they go up. If they don't then they could be in bother.
Much prefer the way we are going about things.
We’ve been down that road before.
Down being the operative word 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back