Coady

We're all rather surprised Everton haven't done what we did with Benik Afobe a few years back (buying for an option price and immediately selling on for more). Suggests Everton genuinely don't have a pot to piss in.
They’ll have paid a loan fee then would’ve had to pay £4.5m so what’s the point just to make a million or 2

Use your head man like if going to make a good quick profit but something like a million or 2 just show some class

Just think they are far better than Burnley were at this point in time last year. Time will tell.....feel free to bookmark this and slag me off if we finish above them!
I think they've got a shout, but I wouldn't say nailed on. They've lost most of their better players, and are seemingly spending 25% of the Maddison money on Conor Coady.

They didn't have a pot to pi55 in last year, so I can't see them throwing loads of cash around now they've been relegated. They'll want to bank some of the Maddison money, I'd have thought.

2 of the 3 relegated PL sides last year, didn't make the top 10 in the Championship.

Has their manager ever managed before ? You don’t know their starting XI there’ll be more leaving

Nothing is nailed on
Time will tell, but these the teams coming down have a massive advantage as they can sustain a big wage bill for a year or two.

Winks and Coady will cost them a pretty penny but you know they'll do the job. We signed lads who were a mile away from a Premier League first XI and they ended up looking a cut above once they got bedded in.

Looks like we're worlds apart in the transfer strategy for the summer mind, Leicester and us. Probably to be expected and certainly looks as if they're banking on going straight back up.

We're continuing to look for players who add a bit more value. We'd be nowhere near players their age at those prices, let alone the wages. All the healthier for it too.

Time will tell, but these the teams coming down have a massive advantage as they can sustain a big wage bill for a year or two.
Maresca only job in management in 2021

The 41-year-old lasted only 14 competitive games on the Parma bench, winning four, drawing five and losing five.

If they get their recruitment right they should be up there no doubt, nothings nailed on though

Winks and Coady will cost them a pretty penny but you know they'll do the job. We signed lads who were a mile away from a Premier League first XI and they ended up looking a cut above once they got bedded in.

Looks like we're worlds apart in the transfer strategy for the summer mind, Leicester and us. Probably to be expected and certainly looks as if they're banking on going straight back up.

We're continuing to look for players who add a bit more value. We'd be nowhere near players their age at those prices, let alone the wages. All the healthier for it too.
I'm sure we'll do this too. But remember we've let 7 or 8 members of the first team squad all on high wages go on a free, Maddison has just gone and there will be a few more to follow.

Add in the fact that every player had a relegation wage reduction clause then we've got a fair bit to spend on the spine of the team.

We've barely spent over the last 18 months and raked in big money on Fofana etc so there's quite a bit of wiggle room.

We're supposedly getting a couple of Man City youngsters in on loan and we already have a good number of young players in or around the first team squad.

Maresca only job in management in 2021

The 41-year-old lasted only 14 competitive games on the Parma bench, winning four, drawing five and losing five.

If they get their recruitment right they should be up there no doubt, nothings nailed on though
Yeah, I just think I am influenced with how easy Burnley and sheff utd got promoted last season. I didn't rate either team to be honest, compared to us, but they both romped top two and we only sneaked top 6 with a record low points total.

Let's be honest, Leicester are nailed on for top two next season.
I just feel they are a bit disorganised at the minute and they are going to need too much time to settle. I can’t see them being nails on for promotion, probably make the play offs with a late surge

Looking forward to the first pre-season friendly away to Northampton. They've opened up and sold out the whole ground to us apart from the main stand.

Seeing some of the old guard move on and potential new players coming in has got me right up for it again.

Madness IMO.

He can only really play in a 3 CB system, and couldn't get into a side who were a whisker from going down for the last 15 games of the season. He's only 30 but looked like a 50 year old at times last season. He has fallen off a cliff IMO.

That said, Leicester have money burning a hole in their pocket now and will likely sleepwalk to promotion regardless.

As mentioned above, parachute payments means they can risk a stupid wage bill for a couple of seasons and it gives them (and Leeds and Southampton) such a huge advantage. Wage bill is the greatest predictor of success.

Last edited:

Back