Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Methven had his rant about the fans being at fault for the club not being sold, their representatives in the meeting were agreeing with him.
Sorry mate I must've have been under a rock or something when did CM say that. Also if he did say that then it almost certainly confirms that SD is a liar because he stated on radio that FPP never had any intention of buying us.

The statement is a bit like when were kids playing footy and the boy who brought the ball goes off in a strop with the ball cos he got hacked down ....SD needs us more than we need him

The statement is a bit like when were kids playing footy and the boy who brought the ball goes off in a strop with the ball cos he got hacked down ....SD needs us more than we need him
Isn't SD the kid with the ball? Like, if he goes home he still has the ball, so he's fine.

It's everyone who didn't bring a ball/millions of pounds to the table that's fucked. You should only be a dick to the kid with a ball if you have another ball.

Sorry mate I must've have been under a rock or something when did CM say that. Also if he did say that then it almost certainly confirms that SD is a liar because he stated on radio that FPP never had any intention of buying us.
It's in the unseen notes.

Looking forward to the club statement in response to the fan groups statement in response to the club statement in response to the fan groups statement.

We already know he's full of shit on that one. From Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald defends FPP deal and responds to concerns over its structure

Donald admitted that the group had discussed a potential full takeover of Sunderland, but denied that the deal had fallen through because of disagreements over the price.
He said he ‘expected’ talks over a takeover could be resurrected in the future, saying that both parties saw it as a ‘10-20 year partnership’.
“I’d expect so [could discuss takeover in future],” he said.
“We agreed a price potentially on a takeover. That never altered."

We already know he's full of shit on that one. From Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald defends FPP deal and responds to concerns over its structure

Donald admitted that the group had discussed a potential full takeover of Sunderland, but denied that the deal had fallen through because of disagreements over the price.
He said he ‘expected’ talks over a takeover could be resurrected in the future, saying that both parties saw it as a ‘10-20 year partnership’.
“I’d expect so [could discuss takeover in future],” he said.
“We agreed a price potentially on a takeover. That never altered."
I suspect it fell through because he wasn't done playing chairman.

I suspect it fell through because he wasn't done playing chairman.

Quite possibly. He says they're investing in him which would suggest they would want him there in some capacity but at the same time he mentions they discussed a full takeover (which would have meant him leaving) and there was the comments about not knowing if him and CM would be wanted. So that suggests he's talking shite about them only investing because he's there but on the other hand, if they aren't arsed if he's there or not, I'm unsure why they wouldn't now pursue a full takeover given that Donald is keen to get out. Fuck knows!

Almost as pointless as Donald’s statement, here is the response 😂
"Oooh, look at us, we got the chairman to put the club up for sale....."

Pointless and tedious in extremis.

Quite possibly. He says they're investing in him which would suggest they would want him there in some capacity but at the same time he mentions they discussed a full takeover (which would have meant him leaving) and there was the comments about not knowing if him and CM would be wanted. So that suggests he's talking shite about them only investing because he's there but on the other hand, if they aren't arsed if he's there or not, I'm unsure why they wouldn't now pursue a full takeover given that Donald is keen to get out. Fuck knows!
Sums the bugger up. Couldn't lie stright in bed.

Branch Liason Committee iirc

I think they were asking Short or Bain for autographs, but not sure how true that is, or whether it was something that got over exaggerated, but it been said a few times on here prior.

That may have been a slight exaggeration. It is fair, however, to say that those meetings were regarded as a jolly, rather than a means of getting information and exchanging views.

Didnt methven come out and say that Donald wont be paying back the parachute money he used in purchasing the club?
Didnt methven come out and say that Donald wont be paying back the parachute money he used in purchasing the club?
Just the once, I think.

That may have been a slight exaggeration. It is fair, however, to say that those meetings were regarded as a jolly, rather than a means of getting information and exchanging views.

That would fit in with everything else going on at the club at the minute then Grumps.....amateurish!

We're talking there about when Bain and, before that, Byrne were in charge. Same sentiment mind.
I'm not saying this is always the case, and I don't want to offend anyone here, but my concern about supporter engagements with people from the club, whether it be talk-ins, sportsman's dinners, etc is that some of the people there are happy as Larry going there just for the meet and greet. They have their pie and peas, listen to the stories, shake hands, get their shirts signed, have a photo taken, and think "ee wasn't that good, I've met so and so." They'll gan to these things and ask the most mundane questions. I think some fans are genuinely starstruck by anyone involved with the club and wind up in a stupor when faced with any of them. A memory that always sticks in my mind was this lunatic me n the lads got talking to after the derby in Durham once, who was getting excited by the fact Daryl Murphy had been spotted in Loveshack. I came back from having a piss and told him Paul McShane was in the bogs and he was off like a shot, presumably to hold his cock for him. These people are there among us. I respect that some supporters probably just want to try and become more involved with something that means a hell of a lot to them, but I think there's others that just want the access. These people who congregate outside the ground getting failing managers to sign programmes? The set of nitwits gathered at the AoL gates applauding a sacked Mick McCarthy as he left telling the Sky cameras he loved every minute of his 11 point haul??? What the fuck is that all about man?

I've been to one or two of these talk-ins and fixture mornings and good questions are either not asked, deflected, or shot down by a club 'bodyguard' (Bally God love him seems to be the chosen one these days) or at times even by other supporters in the room. "Ha'wayyy ya can't ask that man, they've been good enough to come and show their face." Fuck off man. Just look at that talk-in on the Netflix doc - as soon as someone starts asking uncomfortable questions it's closed down.

It's time the supporters who can't help but spend their money week after week year after year to go and watch that absolute shite stopped being the walkovers the various owners of the club have clearly taken them for.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this is always the case, and I don't want to offend anyone here, but my concern about supporter engagements with people from the club, whether it be talk-ins, sportsman's dinners, etc is that some of the people there are happy as Larry going there just for the meet and greet. They have their pie and peas, listen to the stories, shake hands, get their shirts signed, have a photo taken, and think "ee wasn't that good, I've met so and so." They'll gan to these things and ask the most mundane questions. I think some fans are genuinely starstruck by anyone involved with the club and wind up in a stupor when faced with any of them. A memory that always sticks in my mind was this lunatic me n the lads got talking to after the derby in Durham once, who was getting excited by the fact Daryl Murphy had been spotted in Loveshack. I came back from having a piss and told him Paul McShane was in the bogs and he was off like a shot, presumably to hold his cock for him. These people are there among us. I respect that some supporters probably just want to try and become more involved with something that means a hell of a lot to them, but I think there's others that just want the access. These people who congregate outside the ground getting failing managers to sign programmes? The set of nitwits gathered at the AoL gates applauding a sacked Mick McCarthy as he left telling the Sky cameras he loved every minute of his 11 point haul??? What the fuck is that all about man?

I've been to one or two of these talk-ins and fixture mornings and good questions are either not asked, deflected, or shot down by a club 'bodyguard' (Bally God love him seems to be the chosen one these days) or at times even by other supporters in the room. "Ha'wayyy ya can't ask that man, they've been good enough to come and show their face." Fuck off man. Just look at that talk-in on the Netflix doc - as soon as someone starts asking uncomfortable questions it's closed down.

It's time the supporters who can't help but spend their money week after week year after year to go and watch that absolute shite stopped being the walkovers the various owners of the club have clearly taken them for.

I don't know about what went on before, but the current liaison meetings at the club are strictly business, although there may be a pint or two involved afterwards. Questions do need to be framed carefully though - it's not an environment to go in full Paxman.

RE: The statement from the Fanzines
I just had a quick read of the statement again. The use of the word "demand" is shocking. Talk about trying to split the fanbase and make out that the supporters ,or at least those who run the fanzines, as bully boys forcing out the owner because they didn't get their way. He has made out that they are like the ultras from Boca Juniors or Lazio.

Stewart Donald is a snide of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back