Club Statement

I'm not saying this is always the case, and I don't want to offend anyone here, but my concern about supporter engagements with people from the club, whether it be talk-ins, sportsman's dinners, etc is that some of the people there are happy as Larry going there just for the meet and greet. They have their pie and peas, listen to the stories, shake hands, get their shirts signed, have a photo taken, and think "ee wasn't that good, I've met so and so." They'll gan to these things and ask the most mundane questions. I think some fans are genuinely starstruck by anyone involved with the club and wind up in a stupor when faced with any of them. A memory that always sticks in my mind was this lunatic me n the lads got talking to after the derby in Durham once, who was getting excited by the fact Daryl Murphy had been spotted in Loveshack. I came back from having a piss and told him Paul McShane was in the bogs and he was off like a shot, presumably to hold his cock for him. These people are there among us. I respect that some supporters probably just want to try and become more involved with something that means a hell of a lot to them, but I think there's others that just want the access. These people who congregate outside the ground getting failing managers to sign programmes? The set of nitwits gathered at the AoL gates applauding a sacked Mick McCarthy as he left telling the Sky cameras he loved every minute of his 11 point haul??? What the fuck is that all about man?

I've been to one or two of these talk-ins and fixture mornings and good questions are either not asked, deflected, or shot down by a club 'bodyguard' (Bally God love him seems to be the chosen one these days) or at times even by other supporters in the room. "Ha'wayyy ya can't ask that man, they've been good enough to come and show their face." Fuck off man. Just look at that talk-in on the Netflix doc - as soon as someone starts asking uncomfortable questions it's closed down.

It's time the supporters who can't help but spend their money week after week year after year to go and watch that absolute shite stopped being the walkovers the various owners of the club have clearly taken them for.
Known as “ Fred The Fans” in the game.

Do we know if there has or hasn't been any contact between the club and the the said fanzines (i.e. structured and civil face to face dialogue other than the the childish 'statements' going back and forth) in the last 2 weeks other than on twitter etc. One of latest I have read seems to suggest that there has?

Last edited:
Blokes a charlatan and a snide

they'll say absolutely anything at any given time if it deflects attention away from their own shortcomings, mistakes and hidden agendas, especially if the opportunity allows a simultaneous attack and blame-laying at someone else door. as in politics, people lap it up rather than question it, then forget all about it five minutes later, allowing the untruths and spin to go unquestioned, when their promises inevitably fade into nothing

Have I missed something here - is the transfer window closed now?
If, on Feb 1st, we haven't significantly improved the squad, I will be the first to criticize. But let's wait and see eh?

Aye, yet again in a transfer window we’ll wait and see.

It’s every window man, they’re full of f***ing shit
This time last year we spent £3m on Will Grigg, a player most fans were clamouring for. Obviously with the benefit of hindsight, it's been proven to be a bad decision, but you can't deny that ambition was shown, and money was spent (an awful lot of money for League One).

Back