Club Shop and Merchandising.

The fact the club shop is still at the Stadium has never made sense, it would be far better off, inside the bridges, i have always thought that, along with a few others around the region, however i suppose they could come back and say well if everything is online then we don't need shops etc, however as we have seen plenty of things can happen to prevent people getting deliverys on time, however saying that even during christmas time, not having it located in the city in the shopping district, when people are doing present shopping for christmas, has never made sense, you would think the club would make a fortune,

the bridges, and town centre retail in general, is dying a slow painful death. 99% of people wanting to buy club merchandise on a non-matchday would prefer to be able to drive direct to the stadium and park outside of the shop for free. not have to pay to park in a multi-story and walk through town.

passing trade is a thing of the past, no one goes to the town centre shopping any more

obviously it would be great to have a big super store at the stadium and another shop in the town centre. i'd have it on High Street west just down from keel square, so its not a part of The Bridges

the bridges, and town centre retail in general, is dying a slow painful death. 99% of people wanting to buy club merchandise on a non-matchday would prefer to be able to drive direct to the stadium and park outside of the shop for free. not have to pay to park in a multi-story and walk through town.

passing trade is a thing of the past, no one goes to the town centre shopping any more

obviously it would be great to have a big super store at the stadium and another shop in the town centre. i'd have it on High Street west just down from keel square, so its not a part of The Bridges
A few pop up shops selling club merchandise in and around the county would make money at peak times.

The club have no presence in and around the county despite being the club of County Durham
It’s being addressed lads and lasses. Give it a little time
I hope your right mate

Last edited:
A few pop up shops selling club merchandise in and around the county would make money at peak times.

The club have no presence in and around the county despite being the club of County Durham

I hope your right mate
Yeah, you would think they would have something in the gate's for example, again its the same issue with the bridges, if you have stores or pop up shops around the region at busy times of the year, they surely using christmas as an example, you make money.

Yeah, you would think they would have something in the gate's for example, again its the same issue with the bridges, if you have stores or pop up shops around the region at busy times of the year, they surely using christmas as an example, you make money.
You would assume so although I'm sure someone experienced in retail will explain if not.

I've mentioned before that Leeds make loads from merchandise, what do they do different to us? Is it stock levels? Variety? I can't see it being tourists or visitors like Man Utd and Liverpool etc.

I hope your right mate

I am mate, know a few of the new hires and know a few folks in the companies starting to deal with them. It’ll take a little time mind you

The black cat house should become the club shop

Then put the ticket office where the club shop is

Shop needs to be bigger and more prominent, most ticket sales are online nowadays so they only need a small space. No brainer.
I’m sure that was the plan when the chancers were in charge, it just never happened.

Why don’t they allow sports shops to stock the strips. No we’re at Consett ,Stanley or the metro for a long time. But plenty of bar code tops

There's a lack of pocket money items like pens and bouncy balls etc. If you go in any museum or other place of entrance, there's always an enticing table in the gift shop full of brightly coloured novelty tat that bairns pester for. I'm sure they'd make a money from bairns pestering for such stuff if they were visible on matchdays. Parents might spend a couple of quid on a ruler or something, but they're not going to buy a shirt every week.

Also thought a mobile shop/ticket office might work. Say if it was parked up in Durham on Mondays, Consett on Tuesdays, The Galleries on Wednesdays etc. Then people can pop down and buy tickets, buy merch and sort out any other queries. It would ease pressure on the main shop/ticket office and be easier for customers who don't live in Sunderland.

There's a lack of pocket money items like pens and bouncy balls etc. If you go in any museum or other place of entrance, there's always an enticing table in the gift shop full of brightly coloured novelty tat that bairns pester for. I'm sure they'd make a money from bairns pestering for such stuff if they were visible on matchdays. Parents might spend a couple of quid on a ruler or something, but they're not going to buy a shirt every week.

Also thought a mobile shop/ticket office might work. Say if it was parked up in Durham on Mondays, Consett on Tuesdays, The Galleries on Wednesdays etc. Then people can pop down and buy tickets, buy merch and sort out any other queries. It would ease pressure on the main shop/ticket office and be easier for customers who don't live in Sunderland.
Like that mobile shop idea, increases the clubs exposure around the county, whilst providing a service for those that can't get to the ground easily

Back