Club appointments

barneythecat

Central Defender
I have said a few times on here and other places that the most impressive part of the KLD era is they way we are systematically building the professionalism behind the scenes and adding good people with talent and skills to build a successful team and club.

I saw this on Twitter and it is one very good proof point of how it is working…

Sunderland have acquired £45,000,000 worth of talent this season💰:

Alex Pritchard:
Norwich/Huddersfield - £19,000,000
Patrick Roberts:
Man City - £12,000,000
Jack Clarke:
Spurs - £10,000,000
Danny Batth:
Stoke City - £3,000,000
Leon Dajaku:
Union Berlin - £1,000,000

I have said a few times on here and other places that the most impressive part of the KLD era is they way we are systematically building the professionalism behind the scenes and adding good people with talent and skills to build a successful team and club.

I saw this on Twitter and it is one very good proof point of how it is working…

Sunderland have acquired £45,000,000 worth of talent this season💰:

Alex Pritchard:
Norwich/Huddersfield - £19,000,000
Patrick Roberts:
Man City - £12,000,000
Jack Clarke:
Spurs - £10,000,000
Danny Batth:

Stoke City - £3,000,000
Leon Dajaku:
Union Berlin - £1,000,000
I like to be positive, but all these figures say is that all of the above are past their peak.

All it shows is that Pritchard, Roberts and Clarke have been serious failures at their previous clubs.
That’s not all it shows - that’s what a negative view would be.

The positive viewpoint, as outlined in the OP, is that we’ve acquired talent worth way more than what we paid - even if the individuals are now worth less than what they were once sold for.

Pritchard for example - he’s not worth 12m now. Although we got him for free and I’d honestly say he’s worth 2/3m at least. It’s smart business and if we decided to sell him in the summer we’d make a profit, a 7 figure profit.

Last edited:
Its a massive difference to the previous clowns, impressive imo

Stark contrast to SD's try to get promoted on the cheap model.

I think it spoke volumes in the summer that we only got 2 out of contract players as opposed to the 6 or 7 like each the previous summers.

I agree. We have recruited well in the summer and so far in January.
But trying to say it amounts to £45 million of talent?
I haven't said we have. We have just targeted players who were very highly thought of at one point. Something went wrong but i think we check their background since now so they are not bad eggs only going by the way LJ said of Clarke that he was impressed how he has matured these last 6 months or so to go with his talent and he's always watched him (Along them lines) Not every signing will come off but i am 100% more confident in how we are doing things now.

Players are only worth what clubs will pay for them. clubs paid a lot of money for these lads and to entice them down to League one to rebuild their careers shows we are convincing some to do just that.

Back