Club appointments

I like to be positive, but all these figures say is that all of the above are past their peak.
Roberts, Clarke and Dajaku are all potentially able to get much better and somewhat harsh to say they’ve passed their peak. Pritchard and Batth are probably past their peak but that doesn’t mean they are bad signings or great value.

I do agree with the sentiments of the OP, but think its a poor way of measuring it.

I guess it highlights we are taking a chance on some players who have lost their way

Pritchard has done v well, but I think the younger players have been better signings

We also havent seen Roberts or Clarke play yet.

I have said a few times on here and other places that the most impressive part of the KLD era is they way we are systematically building the professionalism behind the scenes and adding good people with talent and skills to build a successful team and club.

I saw this on Twitter and it is one very good proof point of how it is working…

Sunderland have acquired £45,000,000 worth of talent this season💰:

Alex Pritchard:
Norwich/Huddersfield - £19,000,000
Patrick Roberts:
Man City - £12,000,000
Jack Clarke:
Spurs - £10,000,000
Danny Batth:
Stoke City - £3,000,000
Leon Dajaku:
Union Berlin - £1,000,000
Current value = £1.5m

I have said a few times on here and other places that the most impressive part of the KLD era is they way we are systematically building the professionalism behind the scenes and adding good people with talent and skills to build a successful team and club.

Alex Pritchard:
Patrick Roberts:
Man City - £12,000,000
Jack Clarke:
Spurs - £10,000,000
Danny Batth:
Stoke City - £3,000,000
Leon Dajaku:
If we go after Jack Rodwell from Sydney on a free at the end of the season that will be £55 000 000 worth of talent
Let's do it.

It’s a huge improvement and it’s the first time that I can remember the club having such clear direction. If we end up with Defoe, koiki and a central midfielder then I think it’s the best window we’ve had in a long long time. We’re clearly adding value to the squad and club

Some very good challenges on here, maybe it’s better to put a list of what we have bought under KLD and how much we’ve paid versus what we believe they are now worth.
We’ve got some decent good and most cases young talent very very little outlay who are worth far more now.
As opposed to the Rodwell, NDong, grigg and numerous others we’ve bought without a professional back room and approach that were completely the opposite

Alex Pritchard:
Patrick Roberts:
Man City - £12,000,000
Jack Clarke:
Spurs - £10,000,000
Danny Batth:
Stoke City - £3,000,000
Leon Dajaku:
the talet isnt worth those prices opw..and maybe they never were..thats the price paid..nopt nescessarily what they are worth...just like safc paid 3 million for will grigg and he was never worth that

I don't care in the slightest how much a player is "worth" or how much we paid for them, but we do appear to be much better at identifying the kind of players we need and then going out there and ensuring we get them, rather than just looking for players that are available and trying to slot them in.

The whole squad just looks much more balanced and suited to the way we want to play now than the previous few seasons where it was just getting poorer and poorer.

The Academy is also being transformed with new players and staff so we aren't building on quicksand anymore.

I do agree with the sentiments of the OP, but think its a poor way of measuring it.

I guess it highlights we are taking a chance on some players who have lost their way

Pritchard has done v well, but I think the younger players have been better signings

We also havent seen Roberts or Clarke play yet.
I have seen both Clarke and Roberts play in live games and Clarke is ridiculously quick of the mark with good feet and knows where the onion bag is, Roberts has always been hit and miss whenever I watched him but his dribbling and movement are top notch though. As a previous poster said the fact they've dropped down to league 1 their quality should shine through. I'm looking forward to seeing them both run at their man at the SOL to the crowds "GO ON" roar!!

Alex Pritchard:
Patrick Roberts:
Man City - £12,000,000
Jack Clarke:
Spurs - £10,000,000
Danny Batth:
Stoke City - £3,000,000
Leon Dajaku:

If you want to be a club in a higher league you have to act like one first and that recruitment shows the intent to be at the next level asap. Hopefully one or two more this window and we can get ourselves out of this league pronto

Back