CLS capacity for the England game

Email from club

Statement: Monday 21 June

We are delighted to confirm that we and the ECB are working with the Government’s Events Research Programme to increase capacities at the Royal London Series ODIs and Vitality IT20s against Pakistan and Sri Lanka in June and July.

The first cricket games that will be part of this next stage of the Events Research Programme are the Royal London ODI series against Sri Lanka, with games at the Emirates Riverside in Durham, the Kia Oval in London and the Bristol County Ground.

We are continuing our discussions with the Government on exact capacities for each match but they will be significantly higher than would be permitted under Step 3 conditions. These events will be open to both adults and children.

As one of those host venues, we are therefore contacting you to inform you that there will be additional requirements in relation to attending these events, as they will be part of the Events Research Programme.

This will include entry requirements in relation to proving that you have either received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (at least 14 days prior to attending the match) or that you have had a NHS negative lateral flow test for COVID-19 (to be taken within 48hrs of attending the match. Attendees will also be required to give their consent to attend and take part in the UK Government’s Events Research Programme

We will be informing all attendees by email this afternoon as to whether they have retained their tickets for the game and what the next steps are. Anyone who has not retained their ticket will be issued a refund. Those who have retained their tickets will be able to request a refund should they no longer wish to attend.

We politely ask that all ticket holders wait until they have received further instruction later today before requesting further information or refunds.

Anyone who has booked hospitality will be contacted by the team in the next 24 hours to confirm the booking.

Looks like Yorkshire jumped the gun with their email literally a minute after Johnson’s announcement last week, saying they’ll have to have reduced crowds and enforce the “rollback” (yet still haven’t provided any information about that, with the Lance T20 just over a week away!) They’re absolutely effing useless

Email from club

Statement: Monday 21 June

We are delighted to confirm that we and the ECB are working with the Government’s Events Research Programme to increase capacities at the Royal London Series ODIs and Vitality IT20s against Pakistan and Sri Lanka in June and July.

The first cricket games that will be part of this next stage of the Events Research Programme are the Royal London ODI series against Sri Lanka, with games at the Emirates Riverside in Durham, the Kia Oval in London and the Bristol County Ground.

We are continuing our discussions with the Government on exact capacities for each match but they will be significantly higher than would be permitted under Step 3 conditions. These events will be open to both adults and children.

As one of those host venues, we are therefore contacting you to inform you that there will be additional requirements in relation to attending these events, as they will be part of the Events Research Programme.

This will include entry requirements in relation to proving that you have either received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (at least 14 days prior to attending the match) or that you have had a NHS negative lateral flow test for COVID-19 (to be taken within 48hrs of attending the match. Attendees will also be required to give their consent to attend and take part in the UK Government’s Events Research Programme

We will be informing all attendees by email this afternoon as to whether they have retained their tickets for the game and what the next steps are. Anyone who has not retained their ticket will be issued a refund. Those who have retained their tickets will be able to request a refund should they no longer wish to attend.

We politely ask that all ticket holders wait until they have received further instruction later today before requesting further information or refunds.

Anyone who has booked hospitality will be contacted by the team in the next 24 hours to confirm the booking.
Means I'll be ok (assuming we still get our tickets) but our young 'un has only had one dose so he'll have to take a Lateral Flow test.

Any idea if that's the ones they send out on request, or do you have to book one somewhere?

Has everybody else had emails about this? I was pretty late booking my tickets from what I remember so wasn't optimistic when the restrictions didn't lift, guessing I'm going to get a "sorry you've missed out" email about ten tonight.

Has everybody else had emails about this? I was pretty late booking my tickets from what I remember so wasn't optimistic when the restrictions didn't lift, guessing I'm going to get a "sorry you've missed out" email about ten tonight.
Yes just checked my email (been out all day) and I have been successful as I purchased my tickets early👍🏏

Edit*
Booked ours in November

CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL.

YOU'RE COMING TO EMIRATES RIVERSIDE.

Due to the extension of Covid-19 restrictions we have been advised that the Royal London One Day International match between England and Sri Lanka taking place at Emirates Riverside on Tuesday 29 June, 2021 must now be played in front of a reduced capacity crowd. The game has however been included in the Government’s Events Research Programme allowing an increase to recent crowd numbers at Emirates Riverside.

Unfortunately, we must now follow our rollback procedures, as detailed when tickets were purchased, to limit the number of spectators attending. We have therefore given priority in order of tickets purchased from the initial on sale date.

We are pleased to inform you that, as you purchased your tickets early, you have retained your tickets and will be able to attend the game.

We must inform you that there will be additional requirements in relation to attending these events, as part of the Events Research Programme. This will include entry requirements in relation to proving that you have either received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine (at least 14 days prior to attending the match) or that you have had a NHS negative lateral flow test for COVID-19 (to be taken within 48hrs of attending the match).

Attendees will also be required to give their consent to attend and take part in the UK Government’s Events Research Programme – We are awaiting confirmation of the exact procedures from Government and these will be sent to you shortly.

If you still intend to come to the game, you do not need to do anything. Your tickets are being processed and they will be sent out in the next few days to be with you ahead of the match.

We do however appreciate that because of the change in circumstances and conditions of attendance some people may no longer wish to attend. If you no longer wish to attend the game, please email [email protected] with your booking reference, name and address by 11pm on Tuesday 22 June. If you do not contact us before this date your tickets will be posted and we cannot provide any refunds for tickets from this date onwards.

We do not have any further details at this time so we ask that people do not get in touch, other than via email to the address above to request a refund, until further details are sent tomorrow.

An exclusive ticket information line has been set up and will be operational from 10am tomorrowfor all queries with regards to the international fixture once you have received further information.

Last edited:

Back