CLS capacity for the England game

DaveI

Midfield
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but....what’s the capacity expectation for the England game later this month, does anyone know?

it’s after June 21st so I’m assuming full capacity is allowed but I’m happy to be corrected.

Off to Edgbaston tomorrow - only had tickets confirmed last week due to the covid hoo haa. Great fun asking their ticket office if my mobile-less Dad could print his ticket rather than having to carry it electronically...

Extract from an email I got the other day:

"ENGLAND V SRI LANKA AT EMIRATES RIVERSIDE - 29/06/2021

We are now less than 4 weeks from the first International Cricket match to be held at Emirates Riverside in nearly two years when England will face Sri Lanka in the Royal London One Day Series. The game sold out ahead of general sale, with Durham Cricket members and fans showing a huge appetite for International cricket in the region.

With the game fast approaching we wanted to provide everyone with an update on the current situation. As you will have seen in the press, there is still some uncertainty over the lifting of restrictions, which is set to take place on 21 June, and no specific guidance has yet been given around attendance of sporting events.

Whilst we are still hopeful of welcoming a capacity crowd to Emirates Riverside there is still the possibility that we will be required to implement a restriction on the number of spectators allowed to attend.

Due to the ongoing uncertainty we will delay sending tickets out until we have some certainty and therefore tickets will arrive later than usual and may not arrive until a few days before the fixture.

When tickets went on sale we gave priority for purchase to members and the previous year’s Australian international purchasers first, followed by T20 season ticket holders and other previous international match purchasers and then to those who entered the ballot. Should we be required to reduce the attendance, as stated prior to purchase, a roll back scheme will be activated. Those who purchased tickets first will retain their tickets up to the capacity allowed. Anyone who purchased after that capacity was met will be issued a full refund.

If we are required to enforce a reduced capacity we will also have to enforce social distancing measures. This will mean that the remaining crowd will be spread across the venue and therefore your initial seats chosen will not be guaranteed as you may have to be moved to a block or stand that has capacity available.

If anyone who retains a ticket does not wish to attend they will be given a cut off date to request a refund. Any tickets refunded will be offered to those who were rolled back first before being offered to the general public."

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but....what’s the capacity expectation for the England game later this month, does anyone know?

it’s after June 21st so I’m assuming full capacity is allowed but I’m happy to be corrected.

Off to Edgbaston tomorrow - only had tickets confirmed last week due to the covid hoo haa. Great fun asking their ticket office if my mobile-less Dad could print his ticket rather than having to carry it electronically...
I’d be amazed if the capacity was 100%. Can’t see the government just relaxing everything. Hope I’m wrong mind. Current limit is 25%, so maybe a small increase on that to like 50%

Email from the club this afternoon

ENGLAND V SRI LANKA AT EMIRATES RIVERSIDE - 29/06/2021

Due to the extension of Covid-19 restrictions discussion are still ongoing with regards to the Royal London Series One Day International match between England and Sri Lanka taking place at Emirates Riverside on Tuesday 29 June, 2021.

We have been informed that the game will be played in front of a reduced crowd and there will be criteria for attendance of the fixture.

We expect to make an announcement on Monday and all ticket purchasers will be contacted directly with further details.

We realise the situation is not ideal but unfortunately it is beyond our control as we try to allow as many people to attend as safely possible.

Understandably we are receiving a lot of enquiries but we do not have any further information at this time, and the box office team are processing a lot of enquiries about tickets for this Sunday's T20 game against Birmingham Bears, we are therefore unable to respond to any queries around the international fixture at this time.

Back