Cloud seeding

People need to read more then, i heard about it as a kid and it was all over the news in 2008 when they were could seeding around Beijing before the olympics.
Yes they do, this stuff started decades ago. I'm thinking Vietnam, but then I'm getting some vibe of one of the California reservoirs, but that could be something else. Not quite sure but certainly most folk didn't believe any of this just a few year back.

If low level Companies can offer this sort of thing ten year back then you can bet your bottom dollar the likes of Nasa are light years ahead. Worrying.
I'd be interested to know if that company ever made a sale of that service. In the article they were still waiting for their first and I can’t find any follow up articles or reviews.

On the thread subject a meteorologist at the University of Reading has said cloud seeding was not responsible for the Dubai rainfall-

'Cloud seeding did not cause Dubai floods', expert says (University of Reading)

This part is relevant to your NASA comment earlier-

“The UAE does have an operational cloud seeding programme to enhance the rainfall in this arid part of the world, however, there is no technology in existence that can create or even severely modify this kind of rainfall event. Furthermore, no cloud seeding operations have taken place in this area recently."

and this too-

"Professor Giles Harrison, Professor of Atmospheric Physics at the University of Reading, said: "The UAE does do operational cloud seeding, but there is huge difference between what this can achieve – targeting individual, developing clouds with seeding material released from an aircraft – and the Dubai rainfall, which was associated with a large weather system advancing across the region. "

Last edited:
Yes they do, this stuff started decades ago. I'm thinking Vietnam, but then I'm getting some vibe of one of the California reservoirs, but that could be something else. Not quite sure but certainly most folk didn't believe any of this just a few year back.

So because lots of people (in your estimation) are not aware of a technique which has been used regularly over the last 50 years and isn't even strictly a weather modification tool (it cannot be used to make rain just to encourage already saturated clouds to give up their moisture by acting in a similar manner to natural rainfall The microphysics of the warm-rain and ice crystal processes of precipitation in simulated continental convective storms - Communications Earth & Environment by adding small particles to the clouds) and isn't all that succesful it is all a conspiracy theory. This is allied to the fact that it has already been shown by others on this thread that it wasn't cloud seeding as a root cause anyway.

Love the way the daily mail implies this story. Imagine that amount of chemicals required to precipitate that much rain?
Most meteorologists agree it would be far too dispersed to cause this. If it was this effective it would have been used by now to mitigate droughts since the study of cloud seeding has been around since the 1940s. Occams Razon explanation might suggest unpredictable weather patterns elicited by climate change is to blame.

"In a statement issued to multiple news outlets, the NCM, which oversees cloud-seeding operations in the UAE, said there were no such cloud-seeding operations before or during the storm.

Omar Al Yazeedi, the deputy director general of the NCM, said: “We did not engage in any seeding operations during this particular weather event. The essence of cloud seeding lies in targeting clouds at an earlier stage, prior to precipitation. Engaging in seeding activities during a severe thunderstorm scenario would prove futile.”"

The Guardian 17th April 2024

So are there some people trying to say that (predominantly man made) climate change isn't real - that the continued/increased burning of fossil fuels over decades pumping a load of chemicals into the atmosphere - all of that isn't the cause of extreme weather events...BUT localised cloud seeding can cause 18 months of rain in the middle east in several hours...However it's a conspiracy and not many people are aware and goverments/organisations are hiding it...but these same people are fully aware of the conspiracy? Or NOT?

So are there some people trying to say that (predominantly man made) climate change isn't real - that the continued/increased burning of fossil fuels over decades pumping a load of chemicals into the atmosphere - all of that isn't the cause of extreme weather events...BUT localised cloud seeding can cause 18 months of rain in the middle east in several hours...However it's a conspiracy and not many people are aware and goverments/organisations are hiding it...but these same people are fully aware of the conspiracy? Or NOT?
:lol:

They're thick as pig shit like.

it cant possibly be Cloud seeding or any other of the Major Powers messing with the weather i mean why would they do such a thing :lol: :lol: :lol: , i love how climate change has suddenly accelerated to apocalyptical levels in the space of a few years I'm sure it has nothing to do with extra taxes, Money Making Schemes and whatever else gets shoved out by the likes of the BBC.

FOR THE PEOPLE

Anyone can read a natural history book and realise the climate is in a constant cycle of change and always has been,

To the point the Arctic was once warm and vast areas of land that are now mild were once under kilometers of ice.

Extreme change which took place long before man ever set foot on the planet. I guess it was Aliens pumping out chemicals back then.

Anyone can read a natural history book and realise the climate is in a constant cycle of change and always has been,

To the point the Arctic was once warm and vast areas of land that are now mild were once under kilometers of ice.

Extreme change which took place long before man ever set foot on the planet. I guess it was Aliens pumping out chemicals back then.

Davey Attenborough disagrees.

Back