Clocking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: in hindsight, this wasn't the best thread topic to start on here was it?

GPS signing in/out system. What the fuck? What a load of shite.

What does it matter as long as jobs are done to a good standard and on time, the lads here seem to work like dogs to get off early, doesn't bother me in the slightest as long as the works done, an hour here or there means nought and you'll tend to get lads working late with nee grumbling to get jobs finished if need be, swings and roundabouts innit
Pretty much. I've seen this kind of thing in action too many times. If you treat workers with respect and like adults, the worst that'll usually happen is that they'll turn up a couple of minutes late or finish a couple of minutes early, but the job will get done. If you treat them like children, micro-manage and introduce bureaucracy, you can guarantee that'll you lose far more in the way of productivity as your workers will then act like children and not pull their weight on the job, take extra 'breaks' which add up to far more than you'd have lost anyway, and lose pretty much any desire to go the extra mile for you. I can guarantee that this will happen in the OP's scenario which will punish him for being an absolute tit.

can anyone recommend a mobileclocking in system app or the likes. I look have guys on different sites and would like something where they have to clock in out without being able to fiddle it too easily. Maybe with gps I don't know

Any help greatly appreciated.

I bet the lads love having you as a gaffer! :lol:

I'm assuming he's worried that the lads, or lasses, are being underpaid for extra work, so he wants to know exactly how much extra he needs to put in their pay packet!

Aye, treat them like twats and they'll do anything and everything to get one over on ya, and then the decent ones will fuck off and work for someone else

Nowt worse than having the gaffer who will dock you 15 minutes wages for being a few minutes late, yet work late by a few minutes every night and there's no sign of an extra few bob in your pay packet in recognition.

I'm glad our union wouldn't have any of this..

It was a mixture of Transport and General Workers plus a few GMB.
We trialed the same system, as did Sunderland Council for ID in schools for meal payments.
We stuck with a picture ID after parents at Ponteland Middle created a bit of a stink about any future use.

can anyone recommend a mobileclocking in system app or the likes. I look have guys on different sites and would like something where they have to clock in out without being able to fiddle it too easily. Maybe with gps I don't know

Any help greatly appreciated.

you're taking the piss, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back