Clocking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once rang a plasterers house phone rather than his mobile as I knew he'd get finished on a job early so would get away sharp.So I'd catch him out for a laugh.

Sure enough he answered it about 2:45pm ,I said "what ya doing in the house answering the phone "

His reply quick as out was "I take the house phone to work with me now "

can anyone recommend a mobileclocking in system app or the likes. I look have guys on different sites and would like something where they have to clock in out without being able to fiddle it too easily. Maybe with gps I don't know

Any help greatly appreciated.
Make on to one of them on each site that your thinking about making them up as a foreman ,they will shop each other's job 1st chance they get .Done it a few times when I've had loads of labourers on the same job .

Works a treat .

Yeah thanks it's called contracting.

Our highways team had retina readers to log in to the depots.
They never seemed bothered about it nor for that matter the randomly generated alcohol and drugs testing as long as management were included.

can anyone recommend a mobileclocking in system app or the likes. I look have guys on different sites and would like something where they have to clock in out without being able to fiddle it too easily. Maybe with gps I don't know

Get them to post a selfie on this thread every morning/evening when they clock on and clock off. Have someone in the background holding up a phone with the latest "Rafa about to walk" post on the screen.

Our highways team had retina readers to log in to the depots.
They never seemed bothered about it nor for that matter the randomly generated alcohol and drugs testing as long as management were included.

I'm glad our union wouldn't have any of this..

Do they not sign in with security on these sites?

This - the security guard can print the reports off. My fingerprint entry and exit is checked weekly by Kier so they know if my contracted hours are real, or if my invoices are taking the piss

This - the security guard can print the reports off. My fingerprint entry and exit is checked weekly by Kier so they know if my contracted hours are real, or if my invoices are taking the piss

Fingerprint entry!

They do that.. I haven't done a full shift in years..

I wouldn't want to work for you, you seem a reet tit.

Micro-managers get the worst results.

Clocking in does'nt mean they are working. I worked at Dept of Environment on several different occasions. People checked in at security, then went to their office and sat around for hours reading newspapers. If you can, pay a price for a job. You get paid for what you produce. You cannot argue with that. No need to worry about what time,within reason, anyone turns up. Some jobs though are unmeasureable. Especially unskilled. A good foreman will manage that though. Get rid of scivers. Every grafter has to carry them. Retain the grafters and eject the skivers.

What does it matter as long as jobs are done to a good standard and on time, the lads here seem to work like dogs to get off early, doesn't bother me in the slightest as long as the works done, an hour here or there means nought and you'll tend to get lads working late with nee grumbling to get jobs finished if need be, swings and roundabouts innit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back