"Clean Foods"

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt anyone trying to be healthy can fit a big mac into their daily macronutrient requirements :lol:

Ofcourse they can, providing you hit micronutrient sufficiency, what's the problem? It's going to keep you sane over any physiological benefit mind.

Stupid thread man. Dirty food is obvious. I don't give a fuvk about your scientific principles Titus. Stop being so anal. Everyone understands dirty food / clean food. Do you need to make the most simplistic of subjects into some boring scientific debate that body nobody else can be arsed to continue?

Just another one of these pop tart fanatics.

No, everybody doesn't understand dirty/clean food, it's a retarded term, used by people that like to think they're morally superior "oh, I eat nothing but clean foods". What are you going on about 'scientific principles' you f***ing imbecilic retard? What is so scientific about describing what is in a food rather than calling it 'clean'? You can eat nothing but 'clean' foods and have a horrendously defecient diet.

I wasn't making it into a debate with you, I was giving my perspective as to why the terms are stupid, because they have NO MEANING ACROSS THE BOARD when talking about foods in isolation.

Pop-Tart fanatics? What on earth are you going on about, I've never ate a f***ing Pop-Tart in my life you fool.

My advice would be not to get so f***ing 'butthurt' next time and don't flatter yourself, because I wasn't using this thread as a means of sparking a debate with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titus said:
Ofcourse they can, providing you hit micronutrient sufficiency, what's the problem? It's going to keep you sane over any physiological benefit mind.

'
Aye once a week as a cheat meal but have you read the macros for a big mac! :lol:

Aye once a week as a cheat meal but have you read the macros for a big mac! :lol:

I don't have 'cheat meals', maybe a couple of times a year. Anything else I can just fit into my diet without issue if I want it. Just had a look at the nutrition of a Big Mac, can't really see that being an issue for anybody to fit into their macros, in the sense that non of the macro numbers are that outragously high, although I know could eat a much more satiating 500kcal meal.

I don't know what a clean food is, but i think i know what dirty food is - as a consequence of removing the dirty foods, plan is I'm left with clean, I think/hope.

A typical days food for me on my diet in order of consumption:

A Banana,

A Bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit,

A leaf salad with radish, cherry toms and cucumber. With turkey breast and a oil-based dressing.

An Apple,

A hand full of Olives & Salami,

Steamed Salmon fillet, steamed asparagus, baby sweetcorn and peas. Garlic & Parsley butter.

Strawberries & double cream.​

Similar to that every day.. too much fruit? I crave sweet things really bad..

I guess the point is that if you took some of the individual components of that diet such as double cream and oil-based dressing, some people might consider them not to be 'clean foods' due to their high fat content. BUT in the context of your entire diet then you are eating 'clean' or 'healthy'.

I guess the point is that if you took some of the individual components of that diet such as double cream and oil-based dressing, some people might consider them not to be 'clean foods' due to their high fat content. BUT in the context of your entire diet then you are eating 'clean' or 'healthy'.

Pretty much. Somebody can eat only generic bodybuilding 'clean' foods for example but have a much worse diet than somebody that doesn't stick purely to those foods. You need to look at the diet as a whole and not just foods in isolation.

Article worth reading, that also touches on the ever changing definitions of 'clean':

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

Just had a tin or John west red salmon. 42G of protein!

Ordered 3 2.75kg tubs of whey this morning off ebay, saved a bit of cash compared to what I usually pay. Went with milk chocolate, cookies & cream and chocolate peanut butter. Had the chocolate and the strawberrys & cream from the same company and for 150kcal per scoop, it's got a really good consistency AND taste, just like a milkshake :cool:

Ordered 3 2.75kg tubs of whey this morning off ebay, saved a bit of cash compared to what I usually pay. Went with milk chocolate, cookies & cream and chocolate peanut butter. Had the chocolate and the strawberrys & cream from the same company and for 150kcal per scoop, it's got a really good consistency AND taste, just like a milkshake :cool:
Spot on mate. How much you end up paying mate? I swear by hurricane Xs from myprotein like. For the price it's exactly the same as Maxi Cyclone.

Finally got my arse in gear and done myself a 6 week program to use the work gym all summer. Good 2 hour detox/wipe out session earlier.

Spot on mate. How much you end up paying mate? I swear by hurricane Xs from myprotein like. For the price it's exactly the same as Maxi Cyclone.

Finally got my arse in gear and done myself a 6 week program to use the work gym all summer. Good 2 hour detox/wipe out session earlier.

£100 for the 3 tubs, including delivery. Still more than some people would like to pay for protein, but it's a good saving. The same protein is £44 in the metro centre :eek:

I usually go with Optimum Nutrition, but I fancied a change in flavour for a while so I'm using Gaspari at the moment.

You doing some sort of upper/lower or bodypart split or focusing more on cardio?

Last edited by a moderator:
£100 for the 3 tubs, including delivery. Still more than some people would like to pay for protein, but it's a good saving. The same protein is £44 in the metro centre :eek:

I usually go with Optimum Nutrition, but I fancied a change in flavour for a while so I'm using Gaspari at the moment.

You doing some sort of upper/lower or bodypart split or focusing more on cardio?
Yeah thats not bad at all considering the size and quality of the protein.

I used to love gaspari.
The super pump /size on stack, and the chocolate myofusion is the nicest I've ever tasted.
I decided a while back not to take things as serious, and do I started looking for cheaper ones, I use matrix now, (off eBay) and it seems to have similar nutrients/protein/ than the gaspari, but for 40 you get 5kg rather than the 2.27 or whatever that most do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back