"Clean Foods"

• Thread starter Deleted member 26533
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26533

Mentioned in the "Carbophobes" thread as to why I don't like the term "clean foods" and I feel compelled to expand on that so people don't take it out of context and believe I'm condoning just smashing home like 10 snickers bars a day.

My first issue is that clean foods don't have any real definition. Somebody that is on a keto diet is going to have a completely different perspective of a "clean food" than somebody who isn't on keto generally has. Somebody that follows a Paleo diet is going to have a different definition of a clean food and so on.

Something I mentioned in that thread is that I don't believe you can take a food in isolation and lable it as 'clean' or just a 'good' food no matter what, because you have to look at the diet as a whole. You look at a diet and say "Well, that diet is not healthy because...".

The way you should look at specific foods is by the content. Look at a food and say for example; "this food has a good amino acid profile" or "this food is void of micronutrients" as opposed to just "it's a clean food", because your food doesn't recognise what people label clean, it recognises the nutrients within a food.

I also find that people that limit themselves to only a certain number of 'clean' foods are not taking in a sufficient variety of micronutrients and they're also the most likely to go and binge, because they've limitted thmselves to such a crappy, boring food intake with the belief that these 'clean' foods are magic.

Hope that makes sense and I appreciate I've probably waffled and likely left out something as I'm watching the match at the same time and not giving it full attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

What do you eat Titus?

EDIT:- if your surname is Bramble, then I'm guessing tits & fanny.

i think it makes sense like, i think it only applies to meat, but for example just chicken = clean, big mac=not clean

So is a big mac still a 'dirty' food providing you still meet your daily macronutrient goals and ensure micronutrient deficiency? Is chicken still a 'clean' food if it results in you going over your overall macronutrient goals for the day?

So is a big mac still a 'dirty' food providing you still meet your daily macronutrient goals and ensure micronutrient deficiency? Is chicken still a 'clean' food if it results in you going over your overall macronutrient goals for the day?

yes, its more of a whats healthy and natural in itself for me, and its a bit of advice anyone should follow imo to eat real as it is when the animal died, because as you have said you can eat nothing but junk food if it fits your calories but you will be healthier if you eat 'real' food as a rule and crap in moderation.

yes, its more of a whats healthy and natural in itself for me, and its a bit of advice anyone should follow imo to eat real as it is when the animal died, because as you have said you can eat nothing but junk food if it fits your calories but you will be healthier if you eat 'real' food as a rule and crap in moderation.

How is ensuring something like a big mac fits into your daily macronutrient goals, providing it doesn't compromise micronutrient sufficiency not practicing moderation, whereas eating a food you've labelled as 'clean' which causes you to go over your macronutrient goals for the day is?

Ultimately the former is going to be what is helping you get to your goal.

How is ensuring something like a big mac fits into your daily macronutrient goals, providing it doesn't compromise micronutrient sufficiency not practicing moderation, whereas eating a food you've labelled as 'clean' which causes you to go over your macronutrient goals for the day is?

Ultimately the former is going to be what is helping you get to your goal.

its possible to over eat on healthy food, so what.

its possible to over eat on healthy food, so what.

That's my entire point, you can overeat on your definition of 'clean foods', so how is it a 'clean' food if you do so?

EDIT: & causes you to ruin progress that is.

I didn't word that well, let me try again :lol:

What I'm saying is, a food in isolation isn't 'clean', because clean in itself has no definition in regards to diet, there are so many differing perceptions of a 'clean food', that's why you have to look at the WHOLE diet.

In the example I gave, the diet with the big mac is ultimately the better diet, as you're reaching your goals. Foods should be described as what they are, "high in luciene", "high in saturated fat" etc, not "Nah I can't eat that, it's a dirty food".

I was making the point that what I said was in the context of one scenario resulting in micronutrient sufficiency and macro goals and the other caused you to miss macro goals.

I'm not actually sure what your point is though, a big mac is 'dirty' & 'chicken' is clean? Why not just describe them for what they actually are, as that's what your body recognises. Your body doesn't give a flying fuck whether you think a food is 'clean' or not, it recognises the nutrients.

What I'm saying is, a food in isolation isn't 'clean', because clean in itself has no definition in regards to diet, there are so many differing perceptions of a 'clean food', that's why you have to look at the WHOLE diet.

In the example I gave, the diet with the big mac is ultimately the better diet, as you're reaching your goals. Foods should be described as what they are, "high in luciene", "high in saturated fat" etc, not "Nah I can't eat that, it's a dirty food".

I was making the point that what I said was in the context of one scenario resulting in micronutrient sufficiency and macro goals and the other caused you to miss macro goals.

its obviously always better to eat big macs and hit you macros but its just a general term, similar to slimming world free foods because to eat more than you need out of those foods would be very difficult, hence they are free but you could theoretically gain weight eating them.

its just a term used.

I'm not actually sure what your point is though, a big mac is 'dirty' & 'chicken' is clean? Why not just describe them for what they actually are, as that's what your body recognises. Your body doesn't give a flying fuck whether you think a food is 'clean' or not, it recognises the nutrients.

stop adding bits on man :mad: so in isolation which would a professional athlete eat more of?

I would classify clean food as something nutritionally dense

possibly low calorie dense as well

its obviously always better to eat big macs and hit you macros but its just a general term, similar to slimming world free foods because to eat more than you need out of those foods would be very difficult, hence they are free but you could theoretically gain weight eating them.

its just a term used.

Yes, but it's a term that has no consistency or real definition. Now a diet as a whole, that's where you can label it a shitty diet.

Yes, but it's a term that has no consistency or real definition. Now a diet as a whole, that's where you can label it a shitty diet.

i agree, but as soon as i heard the word clean food i new roughly what it meant.

now shut up or i'll bray ye

see you've ruined the continuity of the thread now with your editing.

Last edited:
I don't know what a clean food is, but i think i know what dirty food is - as a consequence of removing the dirty foods, plan is I'm left with clean, I think/hope.

A typical days food for me on my diet in order of consumption:

A Banana,

A Bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit,

A leaf salad with radish, cherry toms and cucumber. With turkey breast and a oil-based dressing.

An Apple,

A hand full of Olives & Salami,

Steamed Salmon fillet, steamed asparagus, baby sweetcorn and peas. Garlic & Parsley butter.

Strawberries & double cream.​

Similar to that every day.. too much fruit? I crave sweet things really bad..

I don't know what a clean food is, but i think i know what dirty food is - as a consequence of removing the dirty foods, plan is I'm left with clean, I think/hope.

A typical days food for me on my diet in order of consumption:

A Banana,

A Bag of mixed nuts and dried fruit,

A leaf salad with radish, cherry toms and cucumber. With turkey breast and a oil-based dressing.

An Apple,

A hand full of Olives & Salami,

Steamed Salmon fillet, steamed asparagus, baby sweetcorn and peas. Garlic & Parsley butter.

Strawberries & double cream.​

Similar to that every day.. too much fruit? I crave sweet things really bad..

just be sensible and don't make your diet up of crap food and hit eat the right number of calories.

Stupid thread man. Dirty food is obvious. I don't give a fuvk about your scientific principles Titus. Stop being so anal. Everyone understands dirty food / clean food. Do you need to make the most simplistic of subjects into some boring scientific debate that body nobody else can be arsed to continue?

Just another one of these pop tart fanatics.

Last edited:
Stupid thread man. Dirty food is obvious. I don't give a fuvk about your scientific principles Titus. Stop being so anal. Everyone understands dirty food / clean food. Do you need to make the most simplistic of subjects into some boring scientific debate that body nobody else can be arsed to continue?

Just another one of these pop tart fanatics.

enjoy the match marra :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back