Classic early Ibiza tunes

Few tracks getting added are more mid 90s where the OP was prob referring to more 86-90 , I think anyway ... certainly back in this country by end of 1991, things started to change and the music started to get harder and lot of the people who were the original ravers started to think fuck this...

By 91 the underclass had caught on to what was our secret in the early days ;)

Nice to hear some decent old tunes and hear people’s stories about Ibiza before it turned into a place infested with VIP obsessed vacuous identikit wankers. No ones bothered about the music now - just concerned about how much they can spend.

By 91 the underclass had caught on to what was our secret in the early days ;)

True that, I dodged the Monkey around the Acid House time, although I can't remember anyone I knew at the time going in the place.
Loved the music but other than going in that club within Bentleys that just did dance, I didn't experience the early days.
No regrets though, still loved the times I did have and had loads of mix tapes from various venues.

remember hearing that NH mix. what a mess!. obviously coked off his head, as he was hardly letting the records play, before the next one was on :lol: on the plus side, he reminded me of the great that is company b "fascinated" and leftfield mix of inner city's "hallelujah"

as for JP

i'm fortunate to be very good friends with phil mison, who was invited by jose, to be a resident at the CDM, in the early / mid 90's. what a top lad

oh aye mixing was shite. Yeah always had a soft spot for fascinated as well due to this. Love to get it on vinyl 😉

that version of hallelujah is brill as well.
I used to record loads of Essential mixes for in the car, there's loads on the net, maybes all of them no doubt.
I remember being about 14 attempting to stay awake to record essential mixes. Waiting for the C45 to finish so I could switch the tape over and then fuck off to bed.

luckily my older brother used to bring me tapes back from the likes of cream, sugar shack etc.
Nice to hear some decent old tunes and hear people’s stories about Ibiza before it turned into a place infested with VIP obsessed vacuous identikit wankers. No ones bothered about the music now - just concerned about how much they can spend.
The Ushuaia bollocks does my tits in. Loads of people rocking up just to look good.
Went to Ibiza a few years back and couldn’t believe how much it had changed.
Was supposed to be going back for my 40th this year but that’s up in smoke now, next year I reckon now.

Last edited:
oh aye mixing was shite. Yeah always had a soft spot for fascinated as well due to this. Love to get it on vinyl 😉

that version of hallelujah is brill as well.

I remember being about 14 attempting to stay awake to record essential mixes. Waiting for the C45 to finish so I could switch the tape over and then fuck off to bed.

luckily my older brother used to bring me tapes back from the likes of cream, sugar shack etc.

The Ushuaia bollocks does my tits in. Loads of people rocking up just to look good.
Went to Ibiza a few years back and couldn’t believe how much it had changed.
Was supposed to be going back for my 40th this year but that’s up in smoke now, next year I reckon now.

I cannot remember how I used to do it, I do remember leaving my local club where I was playing snooker to go and record a Wear FM show.
I do remember how I found out about Wear FM though, it was on the scoreboard at Roker Park.
103.4 FM I could probably remember the phone number if I got the first few digits.

If that's @Fred Secrets in your avatar, looks like you've enjoyed a few party sessions :lol:

It's not.

& I have indeed, over the years. Forever young...
remember hearing that NH mix. what a mess!. obviously coked off his head, as he was hardly letting the records play, before the next one was on :lol: on the plus side, he reminded me of the great that is company b "fascinated" and leftfield mix of inner city's "hallelujah"

as for JP

i'm fortunate to be very good friends with phil mison, who was invited by jose, to be a resident at the CDM, in the early / mid 90's. what a top lad

As I'm sure you're aware, the tracks back then wouldn't have had the dj friendly intros & outros that the stuff today has. You could be more or less at the 'peak' of a track in the first 30 seconds. It's funny, because the music seemed better back then, because of nostalgia, but the mixing was shite.

Last edited:
It's not.

As I'm sure you're aware, the tracks back then wouldn't have had the dj friendly intros & outros that the stuff today has. You could be more or less at the 'peak' of a track in the first 30 seconds. It's funny, because the music seemed better back then, because of nostalgia, but the mixing was shite.

Did you even notice or care, I did a few sessions for a mate as a favour in the late 80’s and my mixing was just not letting the music stop. :lol:

Did you even notice or care, I did a few sessions for a mate as a favour in the late 80’s and my mixing was just not letting the music stop. :lol:

Well, back then, we didn't know any better. But as time went on, the tracks became a lot more easier to mix. To answer your question, I didn't care. But on an odd occasion, I'd listen to a mix from the early 90s & the mixing is awful. But the music is fantastic.

Well, back then, we didn't know any better. But as time went on, the tracks became a lot more easier to mix. To answer your question, I didn't care. But on an odd occasion, I'd listen to a mix from the early 90s & the mixing is awful. But the music is fantastic.

I was on about Wear FM, we used to start work at 8:45pm on nights so would get a lot of the daily shows in on the way to work.
One night the lad who I shared a lift with said, ‘this track has been on ages’, I said, ‘there’s been 3 on’. :lol:

I was on about Wear FM, we used to start work at 8:45pm on nights so would get a lot of the daily shows in on the way to work.
One night the lad who I shared a lift with said, ‘this track has been on ages’, I said, ‘there’s been 3 on’. :lol:

The mixing must have been good, then. ;)

It's not.

Not all of the mixing was shite. I remember Djs Yoz and Spen from Wear FM knocking up immaculate mixes time after time.

I still miss that station. It was ace.

Back