Clarkey away from home

Visiting sides sit deeper making it difficult to open up defensive sides. Away from home, the home team have a more attacking set up allowing Clarke to attack the open spaces. This gives him more opportunities to have more "one on ones" Well that's my take on it.
We should win more away then imo. Like last year.

Sunderland have spent a lot on players in the past who had very poor "resilience" in terms of keeping out of the physio room. When you get a player who seems (touch wood) to be able to ride challenges and take knocks but keep playing and keep making himself available the comparison in terms of value for money is startling. If you look at our left back position for example, we are paying 4 players to cover that one position.

The other point about Clarke this season is, any player who scores loads of goals away from home must become a thorn in the side of so many different sets of fans but probably also admired by many different fans.

Quality player and has hair like I did when I was young. (Obviously I didn't have a band in cos Northern blokes didn't do that kind of thing).

Could see him fitting in well at Brighton.
He's from York which is historically in the North of England.

I have never posted ITK stuff on here, but randomly my son was playing football with an Agent (ex Pro) last week (in Bristol) who as soon as my lad said he Supported Sunderland, says "oh you won't be happy in a few months - Lazio aren't going away and will be back again in the summer" Doesn't mean we will accept mind
He's clearly going isn't he. He deserves to play in the Premier league/top league and we're nowhere near good enough to go up this year

Must be because the home team naturally pushes forward, and this leaves more space for Clarke to exploit.

Most teams coming here will sit deep out of possession and double up on Clarke, makes it more difficult for him.

(I know another boring Jack Clarke thread)
11 of his 13 goals have come away from home.
Unbelievable stat that. So difficult to get goals away.
Also blows my mind how a winger in a rough championship league can play 45 games last season and play basically 90 minutes everygame this season. The lad is so tough and robust. Credit to Sunderland.
He gets kicked to shit as well. Especially hacks from behind in the last ten minutes.

Sure I read somewhere that pound for pound he's the strongest in the squad.
He obviously has won the genetic lottery ..when it comes to the mechanics of his physique everything in balance and hes able to handle the stress of an elite athlete..just like Hume ..pity Cirkin was not like him!

(I know another boring Jack Clarke thread)
11 of his 13 goals have come away from home.
Unbelievable stat that. So difficult to get goals away.
Also blows my mind how a winger in a rough championship league can play 45 games last season and play basically 90 minutes everygame this season. The lad is so tough and robust. Credit to Sunderland.
Probably the best player we've had since, I actually can't finish that statement. In his position you'd have to go a ways back to find someone better.

Last edited:

Back