Clarkey away from home

Be nice if he fancies scoring at home! 😂 Weird how we’ve won so many home games without him scoring yet can’t win away when he scores nearly every game

I get worried every game as he skips past the full back nonchalantly for the twentieth time.....the temptation to snap him must be immense for the embarrassed full back.

(I know another boring Jack Clarke thread)
11 of his 13 goals have come away from home.
Unbelievable stat that. So difficult to get goals away.
Also blows my mind how a winger in a rough championship league can play 45 games last season and play basically 90 minutes everygame this season. The lad is so tough and robust. Credit to Sunderland.
He gets more space away from home as teams attack us more. Against a lot of teams at home they sometimes have 3 men in him, that's when we need someone else to step up as there is space left by the 2 or 3 work ng about Clarke

I will personally wish him well once he leaves. Hasnt moaned or complained about leaving when there has been offers on the table which would likely double his wages. I want 20 plus add ons minimum
One of the few that hasn't had his head turned by rumours and lost all focus.

We've had plenty of them in the past.

It actually makes sense, at home he often gets doubled or tripled up on. While away the home team should be having more of the ball and pushing forward leaving him one on one. And we all know if he's one on one near the box he's probably doing his man and getting a shot away.

I love him but I bet they’re rubbing their hands together at the club because they think they’ll get £25mil for him in the summer.

That’s 10 new 19 year olds 😂

In my time as a fan the first winger i used to really enjoy watching was Leighton James, through sheer skill he could get past two men, which is just as well because when we got him he was toward the end of his career and had no pace.

Jack Clarke has pace as well as skill, awareness in tight situations, an eye for goal and is brave with a good injury record. I don't like trying to put price tags on our players these days, but i'd start the bidding at £20m judging on what i've seen other players going for.

If we had a right winger or a no 10 / centre forward of the same quality which would give the opposition something else to think about apart from Clarke how good would that be.

Be nice if he fancies scoring at home! 😂 Weird how we’ve won so many home games without him scoring yet can’t win away when he scores nearly every game
Visiting sides sit deeper making it difficult to open up defensive sides. Away from home, the home team have a more attacking set up allowing Clarke to attack the open spaces. This gives him more opportunities to have more "one on ones" Well that's my take on it.

Hes build like a spelk aswel. Doesnt even go down rolling about just gets clattered and jumps back up like nowts the bother.
Sure I remember one of those daft vids they do for YouTube where they mentioned how strong he is for his size. Might have been him and Paddy Roberts doing a Mr & Mrs type thing if memory serves me right.

The irony is he is very happy and happy to bide his time, yet in all probability we will force him out of the door when the price is right.
I don't think it will take much forcing as he will be offered two or three times his current wage at a Premiership club. It's all hypothetical until somebody meets our valuation, which has got to be north of £30m given we will have to give 25% to Spurs. That will still leave a handy sum for the transfer kitty when we move to the stage of the 'model' where we are spending £10m on prospects, not £2m.
I'm not wishing for the day but it will come, and the consequences will arrive too.
KTF

The irony is he is very happy and happy to bide his time, yet in all probability we will force him out of the door when the price is right.
He appears a bit of a home bird and is happy to be an hour from York. As you say though, he’ll likely be told he’s leaving in the summer.

yeah you can tell he enjoys playing for us. Everytime he scores hes giving kisses to the crowd and that. Even away when he scores in the end away from our fans he does it. Some boy like. Hope he leaves and earns 100k a week

I love him but I bet they’re rubbing their hands together at the club because they think they’ll get £25mil for him in the summer.

That’s 10 new 19 year olds 😂
I have never posted ITK stuff on here, but randomly my son was playing football with an Agent (ex Pro) last week (in Bristol) who as soon as my lad said he Supported Sunderland, says "oh you won't be happy in a few months - Lazio aren't going away and will be back again in the summer" Doesn't mean we will accept mind

Back