Civil Servant Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

houst69

Striker
i have been a civil servant for nigh on 20 years now.

I am struggling even in office work to complete a full days work due to arthritis in my left hip. I have already had my right hip replaced and left is next.

I am completely knackered and in severe pain on a night after i get home

Obviously I don’t want to lose any of my wages, but the civil service must have some sort of procedure where you can work specified number of hours to ease the pain with no loss of wages?

Anybody know the rules etc? Would be grateful for any advice

You want to work less hours and still get the same money? :neutral:

Some companies offer a rehabilitation period for after surgery or sickness for a specified number of weeks but I can’t imagine them offering it either randomly or indefinitely, why would they?

I am struggling even in office work to complete a full days work due to arthritis in my left hip. I have already had my right hip replaced and left is next.

Obviously I don’t want to lose any of my wages, but the civil service must have some sort of procedure where you can work specified number of hours to ease the pain with no loss of wages?

I’ll PM you.

Your line manager should be doing all they can to help you out. Work place adjustments should be put in place to help you out
this. you might get a new chair out of them or an offer to do a certain amount of time at home but they're not just going to give you the same pay for less hours!

I'm not sure, as somebody said asking a union rep would be your best bet. In the meantime utilise your flexi as much as you can. I'm sure there's a rule that you can leave as long as you have done half your shift.

Speak to your D she's a cracking lass and will do anything within her power to help you.

Drop hours. Drop wages.

If you could work less for same cash half the civil service would do that. As half them are work shy at the best of times

I'm not sure, as somebody said asking a union rep would be your best bet. In the meantime utilise your flexi as much as you can. I'm sure there's a rule that you can leave as long as you have done half your shift.

you still have to do your weekly contracted hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back