City Hall named country's 'Best of the Best' office.

FACT

Aye you're right. It's all people who need something to blame. They lack any critical thinking and just take words on a page as gospel. The whole shipyard thing as an excellent case in point.
I really don't understand the shipyard thing. It strikes me that the only people demanding it are those who are too old to work there. Where is the appetite for it? Who are they to speak for us all in deciding the future direction of the city?

There are plenty of opportunities for local skilled trainees/apprentices on the horizon with IAMP and Envision, that's the future. Obviously the council gets zero credit for that.

Looking at the way some of the dinosaurs are going on, it wouldn't surprise me if the sight of the lower Wear footbridge has provoked one of them into doing something daft today.

It may be nothing to do with today's events but its one of a number of local campaigns that are getting right out of control.

I know that, but then I’m not a complete dribbler.
Long time ago I was evacuated from T1 whilst waiting for a flight to Sunderland North. I went as far as possible from the terminal until we were told “all clear”. I couldn’t believe the number of people standing with their faces 2 inches from the glass windows trying to see what was going on inside.

Northumbria Police has confirmed they have arrested a 67 year-old man after an investigation was launched following reports of malicious communications directed towards City Hall on Plater Way, Sunderland.

A Northumbria Police spokesperson said: "An investigation was launched following reports of malicious communications directed towards City Hall on Plater Way, Sunderland.

“A 67-year-old man has now been arrested and remains in police custody at this time.

Northumbria Police has confirmed they have arrested a 67 year-old man after an investigation was launched following reports of malicious communications directed towards City Hall on Plater Way, Sunderland.

A Northumbria Police spokesperson said: "An investigation was launched following reports of malicious communications directed towards City Hall on Plater Way, Sunderland.

“A 67-year-old man has now been arrested and remains in police custody at this time.
As several have pointed out on the road closed thread, a certain ‘local celebrity’ is 67.

Sunderland City Hall has added another coveted design title to its roster of accolades, scooping an AJ Architecture Award.

The Riverside Sunderland office was named ‘best civic building’ at this year’s AJ Architecture Awards' which celebrate the very best in architecture across the UK.

Designed as an early-stage catalyst aiming to unlock the potential of the city’s urban centre, the building was recognised for the way it combines public and private uses, as well as the navigable, open floorplates to facilitate visual connections and encourage collaboration.

One judge said ‘visiting Sunderland, I did not expect to be wowed, but City Hall was simply the best building I’ve seen in years’, while others described the building as ‘open, uplifting, moving and intuitive’, as well as ‘sophisticated but not shouty’. ‘It does everything right,’ they said, praising the level of thought and detail and the collaborative, forward-thinking.

Back