City breaks outside UK

Anyone doing Seville could consider Cadiz and/or Jerez. Both really historic cities. Cadiz only one and a half hours by train from Seville and the station is in the old town. Good city beaches as well.

Noticed easyJet suddenly added couple more routes from Newcastle , nowt special but hopefully sign they may reintroduce few more

We’re trying Porto from Leeds Bradford after it was mentioned on here, flight times are good
Had to do a job at leeds bradford then go to london (long story). Anyway, bus from station to airport is 3quid each way iirc! May be worth looking at rather than drive.

Last edited:
Had to do a job at leeds bradford then go to london (long story). Anyway, bus from station to airport is 3quid each way iirc! May be worth looking at rather than drive.
Which is the best/easiest way to get to Leeds/Bradford by public transport from Sunderland ?
Have never considered flying from there as thought it only had a few destinations...

Rome not mentioned, fab place

Scandalous that Rome hasn't been mentioned. Malaga had the weather. But Rome had the more interesting and beautiful sights and fab cafes and restaurants.

My advice is to stay around the area of the Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain - they are all close by so you can do them all in a day - we did. That area is just incredible. Stunning. And the Rome we all imagine it to be.
Currently in Málaga. Really is the perfect long weekend destination. Cheap flights from regional airports, decent weather all year around, good food and drink and reasonably priced.

I was there two years ago. You should try the Museo del Automovil y da la Mode de Malaga. Awesome place. If you want a bite to eat then try Gutierrez (I know!). But I loved eating there.

I want to go there again this year.

Last edited:
Scandalous that Rome hasn't been mentioned. Malaga had the weather. But Rome had the more interesting and beautiful sights and fab cafes and restaurants.

My advice is to stay around the area of the Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain - they are all close by so you can do them all in a day - we did. That area is just incredible. Stunning. And the Rome we all imagine it to be.

I was there two years ago. You should try the Museo del Automovil y da la Mode de Malaga. Awesome place. If you want a bite to eat then try Gutierrez (I know!). But I loved eating there.

I want to go there again this year.

You are becoming quite the travel expert aren't you?

No doubt Rome wins for history and culture but hard to beat Málaga for value for money.

Too fing right

I so want to be in Malaga right now, so fing good
Lush place Malaga was there end of Jan was 22 deg c on Fri and Sat then a bit cooler on Sunday. Absolutely packed on a Saturday night everyone enjoying themselves no edge or nothing.Whole families walking around late on no worrying about pissed up knobs causing bother.

Jut got back from Malaga last night . The place was buzzing as there is a Spanish film festival on at the moment .
Weather was 21 degrees during the day but chilli in the evening still warm enough to sit out and enjoy a glass of cheap wine . It’s a fantastic city and I can’t recommend it enough to everyone .

Budapest, Bratislava, Ljubljana, Pula, Munich, Lodz, Wroclaw, Eindhoven, Dresden - all decent
If anyone decides to go to Dresden then they’re only 30 mins or so from Colditz. Which is the greatest tourist site I’ve been to. Fuck the ESB, Statue Of Liberty, Alamo, Hollywood sign, Eiffel Tower, Coliseum, Acropolis/Parthenon, Vatican, Disneyworld, Leaning Tower, Bridge of Sighs, Bridge Of Spies etc etc.
Id watch the tv series and fillum first. Maybe even read the books.

Leipzig’s 30 miles or so away anarl if you fancy taking in a game. Dresden bounce between the top two divisions.

Lush place Malaga was there end of Jan was 22 deg c on Fri and Sat then a bit cooler on Sunday. Absolutely packed on a Saturday night everyone enjoying themselves no edge or nothing.Whole families walking around late on no worrying about pissed up knobs causing bother.

Jut got back from Malaga last night . The place was buzzing as there is a Spanish film festival on at the moment .
Weather was 21 degrees during the day but chilli in the evening still warm enough to sit out and enjoy a glass of cheap wine . It’s a fantastic city and I can’t recommend it enough to everyone .
Yes, felt very safe unlike some other cities I could name (here's looking at you Barcelona!). Had a pizza and glass of wine right in the middle of the old town last night and it only came to €12. Wine is just ridiculously cheap (cheaper than beer)

You are becoming quite the travel expert aren't you?

No doubt Rome wins for history and culture but hard to beat Málaga for value for money.

Spot on mate. Whatever you like in culture and history it has it. Not just Roman history but neo classical I think it is called. The artwork and architecture of places like the Pantheon and St Peter’s Basillica. Even the less well known places like Basillica Papale di Santa Maria Maggorie which was close to the hotel we stayed in.

But yes if you want the climate and the cost you go to Malaga.

Last edited:

Back