City break in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not done any European city breaks for a good few years now. Where do you reckon is best for a bit history, cultcha, architecture and the sauce?

Flying from newcastle preferably, Leeds/Bradford or Edinburgh? Three nights mid April.

Need a bit inspiration.
Tallinn

Riga or Warsaw.

Poland is excellent and cheap (in terms of flights and food/drink when you’re there) @chopsfc007, couldn’t quote your post where you mentioned it for some reason

Even the coliseum is walkable from the likes of Spanish steps/trevi. Only used the metro to get to and from the station with luggage.

Felt that way with Rome.

Doing Prague in October then from there onto Sofia, 3 nights Prague, 4 nights Sofia is the plan.
Looking at somewhere cheap from Newcastle maybe get to see a game somewhere but somewhere with a few things to do, it's a shame your a bit more limited going from Newcastle.

Haven’t booked it yet as I’m finishing sorting Montenegro first (which is turning out cheaper than expected).

But found flights from Prague to Sofia via Milan, night there so going with that unless it goes up by the time I get round to sorting it.
Flew the Sofia / Milan route last year for about £9 :lol:
Thought Milan was a bit grim, bar the very central shopping streets.

Nice. That would be spot on.
On the Pilots Forum (PPRune). The person who posted it got his info from Newcastle Airports Wiki page but its not on there now, so that's why I'd take it with a pinch of salt. However, someone called the Berlin flights with Easyjet about a month before it became public so you never know.

Flew the Sofia / Milan route last year for about £9 :lol:
Thought Milan was a bit grim, bar the very central shopping streets.

Went to Milan in Ocotober and I enjoyed it, more so than Rome as it was less crowded, Naviglio Grande area is great.

Will be having a night in Bergamo this time rather than go into Milan though.

Weather in Lisbon was great in November so probs OK in April. Fantastic old city, not expensive (do a round trip on the 28 tram) excellent music in fado bars, daytrip to Sintra, LX factory/street art. All good.

Not done any European city breaks for a good few years now. Where do you reckon is best for a bit history, cultcha, architecture and the sauce?

Flying from newcastle preferably, Leeds/Bradford or Edinburgh? Three nights mid April.

Need a bit inspiration.
Im off to Krakow in April. Reasonable prices and play it right the beer and food is cheap as there

114 return from Newcastle. It's quite expensive but when accommodation is under 40 each, 150 all in from the North east can't be knocked.

If you're going for a weekend you can manage on the small bag Ryanair give you for free. Just a small back pack.
I realised last night that if you click no bags you then get the option to add the 10kg hand luggage for 6 quid... On the first page the only options were the cabin bags plus a 20kg case which put the price up loads.

Think the price was 130 each with bags included

Going to have a look about as the gdansk flight looked late getting there and only going for 3 nights. May look elsewhere. All in for under 200 though is a bargain.

I realised last night that if you click no bags you then get the option to add the 10kg hand luggage for 6 quid... On the first page the only options were the cabin bags plus a 20kg case which put the price up loads.

Think the price was 130 each with bags included

Going to have a look about as the gdansk flight looked late getting there and only going for 3 nights. May look elsewhere. All in for under 200 though is a bargain.

Return flight is later on Monday though so you'd get all Saturday, Sunday and half of Monday. That's enough for a weekend away.

Return flight is later on Monday though so you'd get all Saturday, Sunday and half of Monday. That's enough for a weekend away.
For the price including spends I'm thinking the same like.

There or potentially Bratislava from Leeds (not that I know anything about Bratislava mind :lol:)

I'm thinking around March 8th dusseldorf, dortmund And koln have games that weekend
Enjoyed Dusseldorf like, been twice now. Went to a Dortmund game last time I was there. Quality. Only problem we were in the bayer levurkusen end. Their fans weren't too pleased when me mates were recording the Dortmund celebrations when they scored :lol::lol:

Enjoyed Dusseldorf like, been twice now. Went to a Dortmund game last time I was there. Quality. Only problem we were in the bayer levurkusen end. Their fans weren't too pleased when me mates were recording the Dortmund celebrations when they scored :lol::lol:
Is there plenty to do in dusseldorf or just beer and football

Need a bit inspiration.

Girona - and Barca just a short stones throw away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back