Christmas compendium ... November 22

2009 imo.

always used to go local for about 1pm, taxis into Newcastle about 3pm, taxis back local by 7 or 8pm, big group of us and everywhere was always jumping in town, local boozers always heaving.
Then the last few times it got quieter and worse each time. Now our group doesn't bother, only goes local and some don't even bother with that. People having kids and getting older etc

I never went out on Christmas eve until the kids grew up......
It's class :lol:
Pop along to one of the locals and have a nice relaxing night. Normally a nice chilled out feel to it, like a busy sunday night.

My parents loved a beer, and I mean loved a beer.

Never went out in Christmas eve until I started to do it.

Fair play to them. Wasn't like that round our way. A fair few years I recall my dad being absolutely fucked the next morning after rolling in from an all dayer with his mates :lol:

We always took the kids out with us when they were younger. Used to be 7 or 8 couples would turn up in the boozer with kids in tow about 3pm till 7/8 when it got busier. Kids used to love it as they all got together themselves for a laugh and bit carry on.

Used to work for a conservatory company in Durham, early 90’s.
Christmas doo was always Xmas eve, they would rent out a pub and used to be mental
I was young so had no responsibilities ie kids, but plenty of the other staff with families used to turn out.
Can’t imagine these days

Used to love it me. Back in the eighties the nightclubs would open Christmas Eve afternoon. Into Ku or Annabel’s, get lashed then hoyed out about 3 pm. Mad dash round the town to get some last minute presents. Back to me Ma’s for bait and the three S’s then out on the town again that night.

I remember the golden years of Chambers having been so lashed from the afternoon sesh I drank Coke all night and was still buzzing.

After a few years living over here I stopped coming home for Christmas so it faded out for me around the mid nineties. No idea what it would be like now since all day drinking came in and all those clubs have closed down.

I left the UK in 2000, but when I've do get back fro Christmas, including this year, prefer hitting the pub(s) around 3pm, get a few down before the last day of work crowd get in, then usually off home around 7-8pm with a take away. Generally feel much better on Christmas day then, also get to see the kids on the Christmas Eve, although they'll have their heads stuck in their laptop/xbox's.

Back