Christmas Bonus?

No unfortunately not !!! however we do get our takeaway paid for if you work Christmas or new year shifts and always endless supplies of sweets and biscuits around the place

Our bonus is performance related up to 3.6% and a select few will get a lump sum in their pay packets for extra hours worked

Turkey crown and a drink. We used to get a meal out with drinks and about £350 extra in your pay but they both got knocked in the head. Never had a pay rise in about four year either.

We get ours paid in Jan and it's meant to be linked to the amount of overtime you do over the course of the year and they give you back what you would have made during holiday periods when you're on holiday. I got around 400 quid last year so not really a bonus.

They were meant to be paying us a bonus in shares if the company reached its targets but seeing as the overall percentage of customer satisfaction was around 60% that's not gonna happen .

Returned to a previous job this year, Xmas bonus is £0, it’s hard enough fighting for your pay.

Last year got £1000 cash on last day of year, probs one of the best perks of that job

When we first got took over by a German company we got a bonus of between £350 and £7oo every year at Christmas - a case of wine delivered to your house - and £25 towards a Christmas lunch with your colleagues.

Then a French company bought them out.

£15 towards a Christmas meal and that's your whack!

Joyeux Noel to you anarl, you French tw@ts.

Received my £10 bonus + £100 heating allowance which Ive pissed up and gambled away

Mrs who is older than me not toohappy as she ued to get £200 but now Im 65 only gets a £100

Lifes a bitch

Get a bonus around February/March.

Signed a deal yesterday that will yield me a nice commission but that's more a one off and timing is coincidental

Our taxes arguably pay our own wages - people who work in the public sector pay tax - we are tax payers - we pay lots of it - we pay tax, national insurance, VAT, council tax, fuel duty, tax on alcohol and cigarettes, stamp duty - every kind of tax you can think of - we pay it. Personally, I wish I didn't pay tax - I would be f***ing loaded - and we should all get a massive bonus!!
And when you retire and get your pension you paid for, they tax you on it:)

I've received a card, tub of sweets plus £50 in morrisons vouchers. My boyfriend got the same. There's only about 40 of us in the company.

We’ve all been given a £2 galaxy selection box , many others have also been given notice their jobs are probably going but will find out for certain this Friday - *****
It's horrible at any time of year but it seems to happen more often at Christmas. There must be some financial reason behind this but surely there's a better way than ruining Christmas.

We get Christmas Eve off for free this year. Saves on a day's holiday.
Quite clever management that. Save on expenses of opening the place up when most people would do next to nowt all day and it generates goodwill.

Last edited:

Back