Chrissy Maguire

I may be misremembering, and lord knows my memory is not what it was, but when we signed him wasn't there a thread set up by a Bury fan thanking us for taking him off their hands?
Aaaargh just beaten to it!
There were some indications about lousy off pitch behaviour too as I recall.

Like a few have said should have had played at least championship level if he had looked after himself his fitness was a joke at times during his stint with us

My memory might be playing tricks on me but didn’t a supporter from one of his previous clubs come on here when we signed him, thanking the club for taking him off their hands? Pretty sure it was along the lines of what a few are saying about him now. That he might put in a few good games but his attitude was poor.
Was a Bury supporter and absolutely hated him.

Was a Bury supporter and absolutely hated him.
Just found the thread

Just found the thread

Maguire certainly has talent but it seems that he struggles to be motivated.
He had his best games for us after being dropped to the subs bench or in big games.
He just plodded through games when he was starting against the poor to average league 1 teams so no surprise he was half hearted at Bury.

He was a good player for us and I think his hatred was against Johnson and not the Club.

Just a shame for him as a player that he couldnt motivate himself for a season like he could for the 1 match against Johnson as he would have had a much better career and that his talent deserved.

We all move on.

Last edited:

Back