Chris Rigg

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's got a decent head on his shoulders, he'd know now is not the time to be joining the mags. He'd stagnated for a few seasons,spend a few more out on loan after that and then before he knows it, he's 24 and playing league one because he never reached his potential fro where he is now.

Stay here, sign a long term contract and then become a player who the mags want in their first team. If he harnesses that potential, he could possibly play for a bigger club than the one he supports anyway.

Alleged to be our best talent in years at the academy.

Mags after him along with Everton and Liverpool for £1m.

Would be gutted if he moves on.

This would tie in with what Ive heard. Me father in Law phoned this morning, hes a massive Kopite and Liverpool season ticket holder for many years. He phoned about a kid from our academy attracting attention from Liverpool FC,he gave no further info, suffice to say it was mentioned very briefly in the Liverpool Echo.

Last edited:
He's tied to us for another 10 months then he will be away just like Jo Hugill when he left for Man Utd a couple of years back. Every scout in the country will be looking at him this season. We produce some great kids, but can't keep hold of them.

Quality. He has skills, can pass the ball great, takes great free kicks and has a stunning tackle on him. I wish we could hold on to him and give him some game time in the next 18 months.

He's only 15 and some of this footage is from a year or two younger.

Judging that, he is very like Paul Gascoigne at that age.

There is a clear pathway to the first team here. I got told the club offered his parents a house but they won’t move off the council estate they live on in Hebburn. Mind young Chris is a celeb on the estate now all the kids love him and he seems pretty good with them to be fair. It seems like it’s not about money with them but the toon could be a big pull especially for Dad

What’s you youngest age a player can be involved in a first team game?

I’m sure a 15 year old played for some team in the Papa John’s recently.

Even being on the bench once will spike his value.

I’d be adverse at joining the long list of disappointment flowing from Newcastle’s academy. Isn’t their biggest success in the past decade is a lad scoring a few goals at Bristol Rovers?

Their Arabian overlords may have different plans mind

If he went to the Mags he'd probably never get a game for them and he'd be sold at 18 to another club. They will consistently be spending millions packing their squad with experienced quality, developing talent will simply not happen there, they'll be focussed on buying talent in. No kid should go there under their spending the next four or five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back