Chiedozie Ogbene (Suggested Signing)

Just turned 26.

8 goals and 4 assists in 39 for Rotherham this season.

Can cover a number of positions including RM/RW, CF, as a 10 and RWB.

He's now out of contract at Rotherham and looks set to move on.

A powerful, pacey and direct player who is very productive.

I think he'd be a really good signing on a free especially. A good lad who would fit in with our dressing room and the added benefit of being someone who is versatile and could cover several positions.

Could have been a decent addition with him being able to play either out wide or up top. We don't appear to be doing 'squad filler' though. Was being chased by a few at champ level so hopefully that leaves a few teams scrambling round a bit.

Could have been a decent addition with him being able to play either out wide or up top. We don't appear to be doing 'squad filler' though. Was being chased by a few at champ level so hopefully that leaves a few teams scrambling round a bit.
Do you think triantis and seelt will be first 11

I've seen up close as he plays for Ireland. He's a good explosive player, definitely not premier league standard, definitely higher-championship

Don't think Seelt 'll be first 11 given his probable fee?
Expecting at least one centre half to phase in this season, but suspect we start with Batth and ballard. All players are bought with the potential to be first trainers, though. I guess a signing like Ogbene - one which feels like it’d never be more than squad padding - would be a departure.

watched a lot of Rotherham with Mrs layabout being lifelong Miller.

IMHO - Ogbene would struggle to get on our bench. He wanted to play thru the middle but was worse than hopeless there - and as a winger he's light years behind Roberts or Clarke. Although weve not seen much of Lihadji - I hope he's a better option than Ogbene.

When he emerged, he had pace and Warne played him as a wing back, which gave him space to run into. With Taylor at the helm he pushed up but was pretty ineffective.

watched a lot of Rotherham with Mrs layabout being lifelong Miller.

IMHO - Ogbene would struggle to get on our bench. He wanted to play thru the middle but was worse than hopeless there - and as a winger he's light years behind Roberts or Clarke. Although weve not seen much of Lihadji - I hope he's a better option than Ogbene.

When he emerged, he had pace and Warne played him as a wing back, which gave him space to run into. With Taylor at the helm he pushed up but was pretty ineffective.
Fair enough. Was going off highlights and overall impact (he scored a few when up too didn’t he?). He would have been cover and nowt more, but we could do with a player who can cover out wide as well as up top. Stops us buying four dedicated strikers when we’re only gonna play with one most weeks.

Back