Chester-le-Street

:lol: Bloody Ferryhillbilly!

I do like it mind, yet to try the Market Tavern but doesn't look too bad. Tend to stay up the top end and finish up in the Butchers.

Think we're barred from the butchers after a bit of an altercation there last Saturday night saying they wouldn't serve me mate cos he was staggering all owa yet he hadn't had a drink and had a dodgy leg.

Think we're barred from the butchers after a bit of an altercation there last Saturday night saying they wouldn't serve me mate cos he was staggering all owa yet he hadn't had a drink and had a dodgy leg.

Saturday gone or Saturday before? We were in Saturday gone and my missus had a slight altercation with the barmaid when she went to quickly go outside to see my mother but tried to take her glass with her, hope we are still allowed in as I can't remember leaving :lol:

Saturday gone or Saturday before? We were in Saturday gone and my missus had a slight altercation with the barmaid when she went to quickly go outside to see my mother but tried to take her glass with her, hope we are still allowed in as I can't remember leaving :lol:

Was after the walsall game whenever that was. They were adamant he was steaming like but I just don't think they wanted a big group of lads in.

lived there all me life, the Butchers is a shit hole, cricket club not so bad.Real Cestrians drink in the Osbourne

Where's that? - the WMC?

I think the Butchers is a cracking little boozer.

Was after the walsall game whenever that was. They were adamant he was steaming like but I just don't think they wanted a big group of lads in.

Tbh, it doesn't seem the place, more like a local pub for local people :lol:

Where's that? - the WMC?

I think the Butchers is a cracking little boozer.

Tbh, it doesn't seem the place, more like a local pub for local people :lol:
aye WMC...the Butchers stinks...scruffy horrible place, used to be canny in 80's.
The whole pub scene in Chester has died...Not so long ago,had to Queue up to get in most pubs on a weekend, place is empty now...
Friday night and front street was jumping back in the day....its a shame

aye WMC...the Butchers stinks...scruffy horrible place, used to be canny in 80's.
The whole pub scene in Chester has died...Not so long ago,had to Queue up to get in most pubs on a weekend, place is empty now...

Butcher's has always been nice, clean and comfortable when I've been in, have spent many a Sunday afternoon in the summer getting half-cut and chainsmoking in the beer garden. Can't get away with the Black Horse, I don't mind the Crown but my lass does.

always stunk of damp to me..me mates mother in law used to have the Black horse and Market tavern ( Joiners,proper name), used to get loadsa lock ins...High Crown used to be canny,not now.
Are you originaly from the town?

Use to drink in the ozzy like but some of the committee gan on like little nazis so avoid it now.

Use to drink in the ozzy like but some of the committee gan on like little nazis so avoid it now.
aye,seen some right carry ons in there...still got a sign up " no women in bar". Old Nashy on the door used to enforce it
the Relton was canny too, now some poncy gin bar.

Last edited:
We used to have the occasional Saturday night out in Chester but only went in one pub. I think it was called the garden farm, the market farm, or a name like that.
Reading this thread I was wondering if it's still in business and still has the dance floor. I can't even remember exactly where it was in CLS, but it wasn't in the main Street.

We used to have the occasional Saturday night out in Chester but only went in one pub. I think it was called the garden farm, the market farm, or a name like that.
Reading this thread I was wondering if it's still in business and still has the dance floor. I can't even remember exactly where it was in CLS, but it wasn't in the main Street.

Aye, Garden Farm, still there and doing OK

Back