Chester-Le-street V virgin media cabinets.

They look like they're around a corner and they don't need to be consulted.
There will be limited places to plant them.
Still needs a consultation for the residents marra.
You just can't start putting things where you want willy nilly.
Wouldn’t bother me in the slightest mate. Not like they an eyesore .
Not the point.
The residents need to be consulted 1st before anything like this takes place.

Last edited:
They look like they're around a corner and they don't need to be consulted.
There will be limited places to plant them.

They're on a footpath between the houses, so it's not like they're plonked right outside someone's house.

We've had them put in our street. No problem with the cabinets but they've made a right mess digging up the paths and not putting it back neatly.

Still needs a consultation for the residents marra.
You just can't start putting things where you want willy nilly.

Not the point.
The residents need to be consulted 1st before anything like this takes place.
But they don't apparently if you read the article.

I reckon they are here, just tucked off the street almost.

Screenshot_20240314_214933_Photo Editor.jpg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
So Virgin can go ahead and do what they want basically.
Bad move by Virgin - Fuck the residents.
The end of common courtesy by the looks of it.
All they had to do was put a flyer through the door of each house on the estate.
Typical of todays Tory Government - fuck everyone else as long as the big fish in the pond get their own way.

We didn't get consulted. We just got a notice letter saying that it was happening and we'd not have access to our drives when they were putting the cables in directly outside our homes.

While they were busy, Virgin accidentally cut through the electric cable that supplies the streetlights, so they all went off. When the council came out to repair the electric cable, they accidentally cut through the BT line so we all lost our home phones and broadband.

We didn't get consulted. We just got a notice letter saying that it was happening and we'd not have access to our drives when they were putting the cables in directly outside our homes.

While they were busy, Virgin accidentally cut through the electric cable that supplies the streetlights, so they all went off. When the council came out to repair the electric cable, they accidentally cut through the BT line so we all lost our home phones and broadband.
Shameless behaviour by the sound of it Becs.
Cowboy workmen with no recompense bring hardship and misery due to no fault of your own.
Shocking.

So Virgin can go ahead and do what they want basically.
Bad move by Virgin - Fuck the residents.
The end of common courtesy by the looks of it.
All they had to do was put a flyer through the door of each house on the estate.
Typical of todays Tory Government - fuck everyone else as long as the big fish in the pond get their own way.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have and I sort of agree with you but no matter where they had proposed someone would have twisted no doubt so it's probably not worth the hassle, they aren't actually that massive really and they are set back a bit.
Some poor bloke not that far from me put a lovely big extension on and then a few months later a 40' 5g mast went up and 3 really really big boxes about 20 foot from his drive, now I understand him being vexed.

Screenshot_20240314_220458_Maps.jpg20240306_162647.jpg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

Back