Chelsea

They've played a very risky game imo. Invested best part of £1b on players who they expect to peak in 2/3 years. They're hoping in that time they will be able to close the gap to the top just by their own players improving. Mid table is probably about right for their squad currently

I think they'll struggle to ever improve on this as better players will want to leave if they're not in Europe. Can't see palmer (for example) wanting to stay too long if they go another 2/3 years without CL football

I didn't realise they have spent over £1bn since the current owners took over. I'm possibly missing something but currently it doesn't exactly look like shrewd business on or off the pitch.
I think allot of it stems from the owners model from high investment high growth companies e.g Uber investing billions and billions which although they have huge short terms losses it leads to huge long term growth , add to that his long contract strategy which comes from American football - in theory it makes sense to protect your assets your investing in but comfortable footballers on high wage/long contracts can take away motivation to perform (not sure why it seems to work in American football) he is a hugely successful businessman so maybe we are all missing something but currently he does come across as a very naive football club owner

They've played a very risky game imo. Invested best part of £1b on players who they expect to peak in 2/3 years. They're hoping in that time they will be able to close the gap to the top just by their own players improving. Mid table is probably about right for their squad currently

I think they'll struggle to ever improve on this as better players will want to leave if they're not in Europe. Can't see palmer (for example) wanting to stay too long if they go another 2/3 years without CL football
Midtable is shocking for them

Don't mind them meself. Grew up amongst them in 60s and 70s.Sound blokes the ones I knew, good laugh and followed them everywhere. I doubt whether same lads are keen on Chelski and there new breed of supporters

They are off-setting the £1bn spunked by selling homegrown players.

They’re crying out for a lot more than a CF their defence is a total wreck dread to think how much they’ve spent on not very good defenders
The Brazilian CB has been superb but looks past it now. Saudi in the Summer for $50m-$60m?
They have good FB's but injury prone.

boiehly will be removed by the actual owners now..egbali who is one of the actual owners is taking a greater interest and presumably with sideline boehly....those guys dont take prisoners..

boiehly will be removed by the actual owners now..egbali who is one of the actual owners is taking a greater interest and presumably with sideline boehly....those guys dont take prisoners..
Are they mates with the Saudis ? Hope they don’t send their prisoners to them

I think allot of it stems from the owners model from high investment high growth companies e.g Uber investing billions and billions which although they have huge short terms losses it leads to huge long term growth , add to that his long contract strategy which comes from American football - in theory it makes sense to protect your assets your investing in but comfortable footballers on high wage/long contracts can take away motivation to perform (not sure why it seems to work in American football) he is a hugely successful businessman so maybe we are all missing something but currently he does come across as a very naive football club owner
Jonathan Wilson has great article in today’s Guardian about the problems at Stanford Bridge .Grim reading for Chelsea fans . For years the “big 6” have dominated the Premier , Chelsea could be the first out of that cartel ,which would please a lot of people . However the club i detest most are likely to replace them

Jonathan Wilson has great article in today’s Guardian about the problems at Stanford Bridge .Grim reading for Chelsea fans . For years the “big 6” have dominated the Premier , Chelsea could be the first out of that cartel ,which would please a lot of people . However the club i detest most are likely to replace them
Sounds like they they going to have to have a fire sale of their academy products in summer , could be an opportunity to pick up some gems, however for them even with revenue from those sales they gonna still be way above the threshold so likely another Everton situation or worse

Back