Checkatrade attendances

chickenbaltipie

Goalkeeper
Sunderland getting dogs abuse online for taking 1600 to Morecambe and "breaking the boycott" of the Checkatrade.

Football Away Days on Twitter
Dan Wright on Twitter
Jay Shaw on Twitter

There's clearly a strong feeling from lower league clubs fans against this competition (though Portsmouth had a crowd of 3,000 which no-one seems to be mentioning). When you press the angry folk on it, there seems to be a sense that U21 teams in the tournament are an insult (which seems fair), and that this is the thin end of the wedge, and before long they'll be in the league pyramid (which seems like bollocks).

I know we generally couldn't give a fuck that other fans don't like us, but in this case, is this us just not "getting it"?

Sunderland getting dogs abuse online for taking 1600 to Morecambe and "breaking the boycott" of the Checkatrade.

Football Away Days on Twitter
Dan Wright on Twitter
Jay Shaw on Twitter

There's clearly a strong feeling from lower league clubs fans against this competition (though Portsmouth had a crowd of 3,000 which no-one seems to be mentioning). When you press the angry folk on it, there seems to be a sense that U21 teams in the tournament are an insult (which seems fair), and that this is the thin end of the wedge, and before long they'll be in the league pyramid (which seems like bollocks).

I know we generally couldn't give a fuck that other fans don't like us, but in this case, is this us just not "getting it"?
Will these people be expecting an empty Wembley for the final?

They want attention, this is raw patter, Talksport style to get hits

The point someone made that boycotting the actual final at Wembley would make a much bigger and more noticeable statement is spot on in my opinion. As it is, boycotting the group games at your own ground is doing nothing but depriving your own club of cash, the actual message of the boycott is practically unheard, having an empty Wembley stadium live on Sky might actually have some impact.

The point someone made that boycotting the actual final at Wembley would make a much bigger and more noticeable statement is spot on in my opinion. As it is, boycotting the group games at your own ground is doing nothing but depriving your own club of cash, the actual message of the boycott is practically unheard, having an empty Wembley stadium live on Sky might actually have some impact.
Before this season, the only time I had any real interest in this competition was the final. Hundreds of thousands will be the same. A main memory of mine is Coventry selling 45K tickets for Wembley, and I wondered where the 32K had turned up from.

Before this season, the only time I had any real interest in this competition was the final. Hundreds of thousands will be the same. A main memory of mine is Coventry selling 45K tickets for Wembley, and I wondered where the 32K had turned up from.
Agreed

Back