Cheapest season ticket at Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most season ticket holders don’t live in Tottenham.

They live all over.

And Wembley is generally more accessible than WHL. That’s just a fact
whl is onyl a few stops from liverpool street,..trains from and hertfordhsire go into liberpool street..and other train s from there go to whl///
wembley takes ages from central london..and if coming from essex or herts have to change..

@steve30000 look at this mess

I’ve already debunked the myth on another thread with Citymapper btw
but you dont know where spurs fans that have STs live...so nothing can be pro ved conclusively..
why couldnt safc fill their stadium in the premier league? it is because safc has a huge bulk of part time fans who only go when they diecide the team is winning enoough? pathetic tbh..

but you dont know where spurs fans that have STs live...so nothing can be pro ved conclusively..
why couldnt safc fill their stadium in the premier league? it is because safc has a huge bulk of part time fans who only go when they diecide the team is winning enoough? pathetic tbh..
I’m not taking about safc.

And give up with this pathetic spelling bullshit

the top six dont get CL money..only forur do..and the problem with CL money..in terms of the bottom line..is that players get bonsues for reaching the CL..so the net benfit is much lower to a club than it seems..
while the players dont get bonuses for filling the stadium..so its straight to the bottom line..
i repeat,,if gate money doiesnt matter, why would the spours owner spoend a billion quid to get more seats..why would chelsea want to do the same? if its irrelevant they would just keep the stadiums they have..
aresnal do £3m a game on a premier league game..thats £96m a season..maybe the winners of the champions league get that..but a team just getting to the groups wouldnt..and whatever they get in champions league the players and manager get as boinuses,...
fill the ground its straight to the chairmans wallet..

Champions League money regularly gets shared out amongst the top 6. The amount of money generated through the turnstiles plays a very small part in a club's turnover.
whl is onyl a few stops from liverpool street,..trains from and hertfordhsire go into liberpool street..and other train s from there go to whl///
wembley takes ages from central london..and if coming from essex or herts have to change..

Wembley is only one stop from Marylebone. About 10 minutes.

Champions League money regularly gets shared out amongst the top 6. The amount of money generated through the turnstiles plays a very small part in a club's turnover.

Wembley is only one stop from Marylebone. About 10 minutes.
in 2018 aresnal did £100m from gate money, about 20 per cent iof tyrnover., and its valuable because its sticky revenue.chelsea did 66m on the gate....again about 20 per cent of turnover, and again its valuable because it should vary much season by season, compared with champo league etc..thwe 20 per cent is the second most valuable bit of the turnover..because it wont change..if you can grow that 20 per cent yoy you have a business..

Spurs profits for season 2017/18 were £163m mate, which is the biggest or near to being the biggest in world football, see below or my post above.

Club Statement – New Stadium and Financial Update

Profit "from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items". There is a reason the club only put the soft number in its progress report. The very next sentence is pointing to what to expect in the full accounts. "Trading for the current year will, however, be impacted by the additional costs of Wembley and the delay to the opening of the new stadium."

in 2018 aresnal did £100m from gate money, about 20 per cent iof tyrnover., and its valuable because its sticky revenue.chelsea did 66m on the gate....again about 20 per cent of turnover, and again its valuable because it should vary much season by season, compared with champo league etc..thwe 20 per cent is the second most valuable bit of the turnover..because it wont change..if you can grow that 20 per cent yoy you have a business..

I agree - 15-25% is a lot for any club - except to say a long European run gives a club potentially an extra 7 home games. And some to those games near the final will be the most lucrative games in a season.

Last edited:
Works out 41 quid a ticket considering its London I don't think that's too bad especially when you know that you will defo get value for money as they will win a fair few home games
Correct. Most of our lot are paying more that that per ticket to watch a mickey mouse cup final

Profit "from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items". There is a reason the club only put the soft number in its progress report. The very next sentence is pointing to what to expect in the full accounts. "Trading for the current year will, however, be impacted by the additional costs of Wembley and the delay to the opening of the new stadium."

I agree - 15-25% is a lot for any club - except to say a long European run gives a club potentially an extra 7 home games. And some to those games near the final will be the most lucrative games in a season.
yes indeed..though arsenal didnt qualify for the CL in my example..i think clhelsea did..

Disgusting that mind. Football moving further away from the working man again.

I agree completely. However. Playing devils advocate - Football just has to cater for its market doesn’t it. Why does it have to target the working man if it can fill stadiums full of middle class punters. Football probably thinks the working man turned it into an absolutely horrific poisonous product in the 70’s 80’s and it will take as many families and people with a bit of coin as it can handle and save the beer swilling, abuse shouting proletarian paupers thank you very much ;)

Yes mate I know all about pre tax or net profits after tax etc. I used the £163m pre tax figure because previous posters had used the previous years pre tax profit figure of £40m.

Dress it up whatever way you want to but the bigger the pre tax profit any firm business or football club makes the better it is “exceptional items” or not, fact is Spurs are an incredibly well run club in general despite any hiccups they might have along the way.

Over the last 15 years or so Spurs have made a year end profit in all but 2 of those years where they have made very small losses.

Last edited:
Tbf, they wireal ll be watching football in the best stadium in Europe.
It's still just watching men kicking a ball. No amount of steel, glass and concrete improves the match day experience that much. What is on the pitch is the real thing that makes the difference.
Some of my best match day experiences have been swaying around on a crumbling terrace with piss running down the stands (the piss etc was not what made it good, but a fancy stadium wouldn't have improved it and might have diminished it)

Mind, I did forget the bottom up plastic glass beer fillers so that is a massive persuader

Last edited:
I agree completely. However. Playing devils advocate - Football just has to cater for its market doesn’t it. Why does it have to target the working man if it can fill stadiums full of middle class punters. Football probably thinks the working man turned it into an absolutely horrific poisonous product in the 70’s 80’s and it will take as many families and people with a bit of coin as it can handle and save the beer swilling, abuse shouting proletarian paupers thank you very much ;)

Got to laugh at shite like this, Spurs have a huge fan base in the Home Counties and further afield, I can assure you that a great deal of our fan base are working class people that have done well for themselves me included.

Yes lots of corporate types will be attracted and they too will be catered for but our fan base is still predominantly working class.

Last edited:
Yes mate I know all about pre tax or net profits after tax etc. I used the £163m pre tax figure because previous posters had used the previous years pre tax profit figure of £40m.

Dress it up whatever way you want to but the bigger the pre tax profit any firm business or football club makes the better it is “exceptional items” or not, fact is Spurs are an incredibly well run club in general despite any hiccups they might have along the way.

Over the last 15 years or so Spurs have made a year end profit in all but 2 of those years where they have made very small losses.

No. In Spurs' last full accounts you announced '£117.6m profit excluding football trading and before exceptional items and depreciation'. After, retained profit was £41.2. Which is fine, good even. As I said earlier Spurs will manage everything comfortably. But there are obviously exceptional and interest costs involved a building a stadium which that number hides. Those costs you'd think will have gone up. But so too has Spurs' revenue.

No. In Spurs' last full accounts you announced '£117.6m profit excluding football trading and before exceptional items and depreciation'. After, retained profit was £41.2. Which is fine, good even. As I said earlier Spurs will manage everything comfortably. But there are obviously exceptional and interest costs involved a building a stadium which that number hides. Those costs you'd think will have gone up. But so too has Spurs' revenue.

Got to love how so many on here continuously argue with me about anything regarding Spurs that are official facts and up to date, I have forgotten more about Tottenham Hotspur than anyone on here knows about them ffs, but some spend about 30 seconds on google then try to tell me that I am wrong. :rolleyes:

See below mate ........ 2017/18

Club Statement – New Stadium and Financial Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back