Chasing Classic Cars

Great viewing, been going yonks
Always a laugh at auction when he loses
Bet he pays nowt for them though

I doubt it's just that. I may be wrong but I think penetrating oil on it's own would wash out the lubricating oil and could cause a problem later, never mind the flammable as fuck issues once you run it. He may have a special concoction or he might just not be able to say WD40 on camera. :lol:
Me dad made his own release oil ,sure it was just fuel and oil mixed.Could be wrong

My aim is to have a go at doing one up myself at some point. Probably something like an Ford XR2 (or something similar with available parts) for first go.

Need a bigger garage though. Mine is double length when double width would be better.
Missed your moment ,fords are stupid money
Need to look ahead and predict

Last edited:

He's a f***ing miserable bastard and his f***ing monotone, drawling, shit patter does me tits in. The cars he has on are top drawer however.
The owld gadgy mechanic is class though. He should have a show of his own. :lol:
Aye am not keen on that Wayne dude
Get the feeling it was his dads business originally and he now runs it, probably not as well as the old man did

Aye ....love watching this like.

He's the kiss of death at auctions, had his arse handed to him many times, he does find some Brilliant cars like, the Yanks must not scrap out everyone gets parked up and left.

Times have changed. I recall when they were being sold off for peanuts or dumped and scrapped way back when there was a big oil crisis and most folk were switching to compacts.

Quite a lot in Sweden also, I used to have an Olds,
They come out in Summertime and are mothballed for the Winter.
Best I recall they pay little or no tax if they’re old enough.

What the Swedes call tractors, old cars modified into sort of pick ups and limited to 20 kph, are popular out in the Swedish redneck country, around the farm roads and forest tracks, virtually tax free.

Diesel works just as well. The longer you can leave it down the bores the better.

Whatever is used, once the engine is free to turn by hand then the engine oil and filter should be changed before start up.
If the engine still refuses to turn after a few days soaking then that could indicate a more mechanical seizure - and no amount of releasing fluid will fix that.

That's simply bad advice.
Interesting.
I was thinking afterwards that if you were stripping it anyway it wouldn't make any difference anyhow.

Back