Chasing Classic Cars

I like all of the car programs , Fast n Loud, chasing classic cars, wheelers dealers.

See them all about 8 times now though.

He's found 2 matching Karmann Ghias, my favourite car. In the 80's (so before the internet) I wrote to a dealer in the middle of America and he sent me a massive pack of photos of a few he had for sale, about 20 photos per car (and this was before digital cameras so would have cost him a lot). All the cars were totally original and he wanted about $3000 each, shipping on top. I've still got them somewhere (the photos - not the cars unfortunately).

He's found 2 matching Karmann Ghias, my favourite car. In the 80's (so before the internet) I wrote to a dealer in the middle of America and he sent me a massive pack of photos of a few he had for sale, about 20 photos per car (and this was before digital cameras so would have cost him a lot). All the cars were totally original and he wanted about $3000 each, shipping on top. I've still got them somewhere (the photos - not the cars unfortunately).
That was my favourite Corgi car when I was a kid

My aim is to have a go at doing one up myself at some point. Probably something like an Ford XR2 (or something similar with available parts) for first go.

Need a bigger garage though. Mine is double length when double width would be better.

Best program on the telly.
Mind he never seems to be able to sell his cars at auction, daft twat asks too much for them.
He's a f***ing miserable bastard and his f***ing monotone, drawling, shit patter does me tits in. The cars he has on are top drawer however.
The owld gadgy mechanic is class though. He should have a show of his own. :lol:

Having had Beetles (and shitloads of Golfs) I love them n all. I think now I'd prefer a type 2 or 3 as they're like hen's teeth.

Last edited:
He's a f***ing miserable bastard and his f***ing monotone, drawling, shit patter does me tits in. The cars he has on are top drawer however.
The owld gadgy mechanic is class though. He should have a show of his own. :lol:

What’s the magic juice the auld fella uses for the pistons when they haven’t moved for years WD ?

What’s the magic juice the auld fella uses for the pistons when they haven’t moved for years WD ?
I doubt it's just that. I may be wrong but I think penetrating oil on it's own would wash out the lubricating oil and could cause a problem later, never mind the flammable as fuck issues once you run it. He may have a special concoction or he might just not be able to say WD40 on camera. :lol:

Coca Cola is Best.
I’ve tried it and it worked where all else failed,
though what it does to yer guts I dread to think.

I doubt it's just that. I may be wrong but I think penetrating oil on it's own would wash out the lubricating oil and could cause a problem later, never mind the flammable as fuck issues once you run it. He may have a special concoction or he might just not be able to say WD40 on camera. :lol:

Diesel works just as well. The longer you can leave it down the bores the better.

Whatever is used, once the engine is free to turn by hand then the engine oil and filter should be changed before start up.
If the engine still refuses to turn after a few days soaking then that could indicate a more mechanical seizure - and no amount of releasing fluid will fix that.

Coca Cola is Best.
I’ve tried it and it worked where all else failed,
though what it does to yer guts I dread to think.

That's simply bad advice.

Aye ....love watching this like.

He's the kiss of death at auctions, had his arse handed to him many times, he does find some Brilliant cars like, the Yanks must not scrap out everyone gets parked up and left.

Best character is the old Mechanic Roger .................what a mentalist but funny and clever, obviously been sniffing petrol for too long.

Back