Charlton the next Bury ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a scale one to ten what do you think will happen as in 1 doing a bury or 10 turning it around for next season
About a 5. The ESI group have had 6 months to provide proof of funds and now the EFL are saying if they don't provide it before the start of the season we won't be allowed to start the season. They haven't got the funds , they bought the club for £1 and thought they could sell the club on for a few million. Problem is as part of their deal they agreed to pay the owner of the ground and training ground £50 million in 5 years. No serious buyer would agree to that so trouble ahead.

About a 5. The ESI group have had 6 months to provide proof of funds and now the EFL are saying if they don't provide it before the start of the season we won't be allowed to start the season. They haven't got the funds , they bought the club for £1 and thought they could sell the club on for a few million. Problem is as part of their deal they agreed to pay the owner of the ground and training ground £50 million in 5 years. No serious buyer would agree to that so trouble ahead.
Fuck me that’s a nightmare marra hope you don’t fold although if you do ataleast we won’t meet in a playoff final for a while..... All the best tho hope it works out

I can understand Charlton not being the most popular club on here but we all love our clubs. This is all about football club ownership and the crooks getting involved to asset strip while the EFL sit back and let it happen
Nowt against you mate, gift a 1-0 lead after 2 minutes and we have a manager who decided to defend for the next 88 minutes
If Perez stays on his line in 1998 Rufus doesn't score
I much prefer Charlton to pretty much any other London club, haven't had any bother there since about 1980
Good luck mate, the only advantage you have over say Bury is your a fairly big club by EFL standards. Parry and his gang only seem to want and destroy the minnows in the league
Not that I’ve heard. And even if there were they’d get pissed off eventually by the ***** constantly moving the goalposts as has happened on numerous occasions since they put us “up for sale” 6 years ago
Nowt against Hull either mate, what I would call a proper football club

Last edited:
Reckon you lads might still cobble together a promotion push?

Cracking away day Hull
Honestly the club looks like nothing more than a shell. The players have given up, no fight left and McCann seems unable to motivate them. Can’t see that changing next season even if the standard of the opposition should be more the level of our current squad.

Aye would be good if you could travel in your numbers next season, if allowed. Get someone in the ground at least! A lot of ours will be staying away I think as they’ve had enough

Last edited:

Jesus.

Conclusive proof that whatever checks the EFL make are not fit for purpose. And we definitely shouldn't trust a word of Stewart Donald's claims around them when he took over at Sunderland.

Goes without saying I hope the fans and the 'club' as an entity separate from the owners find a way out. I like Charlton and your fans a lot.

I still remember the Back To The Valley campaign from all those decades ago (especially as Sunderland were the first away side to win a league game after their return!).

It seems like dodgy owner after dodgy owner are spitting in the faces of so many people who did so much to return Charlton to Greenwich.

It's a increasingly common occurrence now for football clubs to be run by utter scumbags who need locking up

They never have provided proof of funds but the EFL just put the club under a transfer embargo. They paid £1 to get their foot in the door. I haven't put this on here to get sympathy but thought it would be of general football interest. We won't sit back and let it happen without a fight.

Isn't Paul Elliot buying you?

Yes we were mugged , we were told in January the new group ESI had bought the club lock , stock and barrel. Showed us plans of the new £15 million training ground development complex and we even had a fake sheik. It was all bollocks , they paid £1 but just bought the club , not The Valley or training ground freehold. This only became public knowledge in about March when we also found out we were under a transfer embargo. The lawyer representing this ESI group is the same guy that was involved with Bury.
Is there not a takeover on the horizon from Paul Elliott?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back