Charlton the next Bury ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

They never have provided proof of funds but the EFL just put the club under a transfer embargo. They paid £1 to get their foot in the door. I haven't put this on here to get sympathy but thought it would be of general football interest. We won't sit back and let it happen without a fight.
All the best mate. You have what should be a cracking club and are a good set of fans. You deserve better 👍

Like any SAFC fan perhaps Charlton aren’t my favourite 2nd club if it’s possible to even have such a thing. However, this is total shite. Other than the Mags I have no wish to see any club go to the wall.
I can understand Charlton not being the most popular club on here but we all love our clubs. This is all about football club ownership and the crooks getting involved to asset strip while the EFL sit back and let it happen

They never have provided proof of funds but the EFL just put the club under a transfer embargo. They paid £1 to get their foot in the door. I haven't put this on here to get sympathy but thought it would be of general football interest. We won't sit back and let it happen without a fight.
Can't believe they got around not showing proof of funds and the EFL again seem to be allowing this nonsense to happen. Hope the club gets through this one.

Beware SAFC if any consortium comes looking at buying your club represented by IPS Law , Chris Farnell. Bunch of crooks :cry:
On a scale one to ten what do you think will happen as in 1 doing a bury or 10 turning it around for next season

Scary this. I remember the positivity at the initial takeover and surprised how it's all gone so badly wrong. I hope it gets sorted, no hard feelings from me for Charlton! The EFL are an absolute disgrace.
Yes we were mugged , we were told in January the new group ESI had bought the club lock , stock and barrel. Showed us plans of the new £15 million training ground development complex and we even had a fake sheik. It was all bollocks , they paid £1 but just bought the club , not The Valley or training ground freehold. This only became public knowledge in about March when we also found out we were under a transfer embargo. The lawyer representing this ESI group is the same guy that was involved with Bury.

I dont want them to go under ffs. But they are in competition with us next season and i want us to do better than them

Do you not?
At the minute we are in competition for nothing next season apart from mid table at best. Just in the context of the original post it sounded like you were fine with them going to the wall

At the minute we are in competition for nothing next season apart from mid table at best. Just in the context of the original post it sounded like you were fine with them going to the wall

Well i aint. If they are going to be weaker its potentially one less club we have to worry about for going up if we get our act together.

Same as Wigan losing Cook as manager

I dont want them to go under ffs. But they are in competition with us next season and i want us to do better than them

Do you not?
I want us to do better than Charlton next season. However, on a thread started by a Charlton fan, showing their circumstances, I might take that out of the equation, put Sunderland to one side, and empathise with the op. Hey, I might learn a bit about what is going on at other clubs. Have a conversation with that fan and enjoy talking with a supporter of another club. However, I could choose another path signposted Bucknutt. It leads nowhere.

I want us to do better than Charlton next season. However, on a thread started by a Charlton fan, showing their circumstances, I might take that out of the equation, put Sunderland to one side, and empathise with the op. Hey, I might learn a bit about what is going on at other clubs. Have a conversation with that fan and enjoy talking with a supporter of another club. However, I could choose another path signposted Bucknutt. It leads nowhere.

Thanks for sharing this with the group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back