Charlie Methven Sets 40,000 Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some people are really precious when it comes to being asked to attend matches aren't they? How dare a director of the club try and rally fans in to buying tickets. Who does he think he is?! :rolleyes:
What makes it hilarious is if they met Charlie they would be alover him like a rash and wouldn't have a pop at him.

I'm not the one whose complaining. Some of our fans would twist on 21.
Just because you like bingo and line dancing don't think that we all do Rocky lad.
I prefer mixing with the underworld :lol:

Does the company you work for set targets ?
I own my own company. I set targets for income, of course I do. I don't set targets for my customers though.

What makes it hilarious is if they met Charlie they would be alover him like a rash and wouldn't have a pop at him.
I think he's doing a good job and will do his best for us but I haven't took to the bloke tbh. I don't have to like him though to appreciate the work he does

Last edited:
Unfortunately he sees our false crowd numbers from days gone by when we achieved 45000 often.
Our hardcore at RP was about 15000. Our hardcore here is no different when you look at the crowds in the cup.
Personally I think we may achieve 40k against Bradford

Idiot.

I've been to every league game this season since September (other than Peterbrough and Doncaster due to work). I've also only attended one cup game which was the other night at Morecambe. Does this mean I'm not a proper fan as I don't attend cup games?

See you at Accrington if you can get someone to water your garden for a few hours. :lol:

Why do you keep saying this like it makes you a massive fan and a better fan than others? How can you not understand that people have different reasons for not being able to attend games? Especially when you have a reason not to attend them. Fans may have took up weekend shifts at work, spent their money elsewhere already, go away each weekend with family etc., moved away.

No idea how you're so small minded.

Aye it would be nice to get 40,000, but calling people out for not going and saying they're not 'proper fans' or 'hardcore fans' is stupidity. Take it I'll have seen you at Morecambe the other night when you flew over? Or Plymouth? Or Southend?

Idiot.

I've been to every league game this season since September (other than Peterbrough and Doncaster due to work). I've also only attended one cup game which was the other night at Morecambe. Does this mean I'm not a proper fan as I don't attend cup games?

Why do you keep saying this like it makes you a massive fan and a better fan than others? How can you not understand that people have different reasons for not being able to attend games? Especially when you have a reason not to attend them. Fans may have took up weekend shifts at work, spent their money elsewhere already, go away each weekend with family etc., moved away.

Aye it would be nice to get 40,000, but calling people out for not going and saying they're not 'proper fans' or 'hardcore fans' is stupidity. Take it I'll have seen you at Morecambe the other night when you flew over? Or Plymouth? Or Southend?
Wait until the final when 50000 want tickets .
Btw I always state people who are in a position to go but choose to stay away due to some personal protest or other
Go back when Murray fucks off
Go back when Cowie resigns
Not going as PDC is a git
Not going because we are shit

This is a new beginning and he needs every Sunderland fan onboard .
Like it or not Charlie will start having a little dig if we don't achieve set targets.
I suggest you put your grievance to him directly as he is the one trying to prevent a 12 Million deficit this season.

Last edited:
I own my own company. I set targets for income, of course I do. I don't set targets for my customers though.

I think he's doing a good job and will do his best for us but I haven't took to the bloke tbh. I don't have to like him though to appreciate the work he does
Being a nosey bugger as I am what company do you own rocky ?

Wait until the final when 50000 want tickets .

Because people will put holidays/annual leave in at work, save money for this specific occasion, take their family/friends. It's Wembley. It's potentially a once in a lifetime experience. I've already got my holidays in at work for the Playoff Final and the Checkatrade Final. I don't however have holidays in for the Checkatrade Trophy first knockout stage. Probably because I'm not a proper fan.

Because people will put holidays/annual leave in at work, save money for this specific occasion, take their family/friends. It's Wembley. It's potentially a once in a lifetime experience. I've already got my holidays in at work for the Playoff Final and the Checkatrade Final. I don't however have holidays in for the Checkatrade Trophy first knockout stage. Probably because I'm not a proper fan.
So if we don't get to Wembley some won't attend all season?
Not you obviously

So if we don't get to Wembley some won't attend all season?
Not you obviously

Yes, like you some won't attend alot of the games due to other commitments, financial difficulties, living/working further away, working weekends.

As I said before: "How can you not understand that people have different reasons for not being able to attend games? Especially when you have a reason not to attend them. Fans may have took up weekend shifts at work, spent their money elsewhere already, go away each weekend with family etc., moved away.

Aye it would be nice to get 40,000, but calling people out for not going and saying they're not 'proper fans' or 'hardcore fans' is stupidity. Take it I'll have seen you at Morecambe the other night when you flew over? Or Plymouth? Or Southend?"

Once in a little lifetime? I was born in 1981 and we have been to Wembley 5 times since (if I have counted correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back