Changing £s to euros in Debenhams

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brir
It's Co-op not Debenhams.

https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/customerservices/travel/charges-rates

If you use your debit card to purchase foreign currency or travellers cheques from other retailers in the United Kingdom, such as Post Offices, Bureau de Change or travel agents we will not charge you a cash fee, however you may be charged for purchasing from another bank. 2% of the value of the currency/cheques or £2 (whichever is greater)

It also says

If you use your debit card to purchase foreign currency or travellers cheques in the United Kingdom we will not charge you a cash fee*

It also says

If you use your debit card to purchase foreign currency or travellers cheques in the United Kingdom we will not charge you a cash fee*
If you have a search online it would appear co-op are the only bank this happens with. Looks like it's a problem with their system which is why they are so quick to refund any money without investigation.

Surcharge did not appear on the receipt, and the bank (Coop) said it was levied by Debenhams. They the bank, refunded straight away which was a bit curious I thought.
Why would the bank refund it if it was Debenham's charge?
To be honest, it sounds like the bank did it and the person you spoke to didn't want you to kick off so they blamed someone else.

If you have a search online it would appear co-op are the only bank this happens with. Looks like it's a problem with their system which is why they are so quick to refund any money without investigation.

Quite probably, but they blamed Debenhams

Plus, as stated before how would my bank know it was a money exchange?

Why would the bank refund it if it was Debenham's charge?
To be honest, it sounds like the bank did it and the person you spoke to didn't want you to kick off so they blamed someone else.

This. So I cant take my high horse in Debenhams on Sat and shout the place down?

Quite probably, but they blamed Debenhams

Plus, as stated before how would my bank know it was a money exchange?

This. So I cant take my high horse in Debenhams on Sat and shout the place down?
It's the easiest thing to do for them rather than accept fault.

Because it will show as a currency purchase. The same way as a credit card company knows if you purchase money as opposed to purchasing tabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back