Championship transfers

Would have liked Delap here. Hopefully we are in for some top level loans at some point. Good loans can make a season at this level.
If Alex Neil’s fears are proved to be correct about the “supermarket sweep” in the last three days of the window, we’ll be playing our first seven league games with pretty much the same first eleven we ended last season with.

If Alex Neil’s fears are proved to be correct about the “supermarket sweep” in the last three days of the window, we’ll be playing our first seven league games with pretty much the same first eleven we ended last season with.
Not miles away but Ballard and Simms obviously weren’t around and have looked first choice, Neil certainly wasn’t first choice. No one would really want to change Pritchard or Stewart. Not many would drop Cirkin or Batth and most would persist with Patterson. Most would quite like a CM and a fullback/wingback.
We’re not miles away from being very competitive.

Not miles away but Ballard and Simms obviously weren’t around and have looked first choice, Neil certainly wasn’t first choice. No one would really want to change Pritchard or Stewart. Not many would drop Cirkin or Batth and most would persist with Patterson. Most would quite like a CM and a fullback/wingback.
We’re not miles away from being very competitive.
I’d agree to an extent with the first 11 but in a game where you can now use 5 subs the games we’ve been involved in so far highlight the lack of quality options beyond that.

That’s where we’ll continue to find it hard unless decent additions are made IMO

I’d agree to an extent with the first 11 but in a game where you can now use 5 subs the games we’ve been involved in so far highlight the lack of quality options beyond that.

That’s where we’ll continue to find it hard unless decent additions are made IMO
I agree, need a CB, CM and CF for certain. Arguably a keeper and possibly two WB’s too but that’s being a bit too demanding and wouldn’t give much room for existing players to develop.

Swift and decisive. Huddersfield need to find some other suckers to loan him to then.
Some of the stuff I’ve seen written about the kid is so brutal 😂. His football career will last as long as this contract. Huddersfield meanwhile have fallen apart, losing their best players, manager and recruitment all over the place. A htfc supporting mate thinks they’re going down

Some of the stuff I’ve seen written about the kid is so brutal 😂. His football career will last as long as this contract. Huddersfield meanwhile have fallen apart, losing their best players, manager and recruitment all over the place. A htfc supporting mate thinks they’re going down

Loss of the manager is the most worrying part. There's time for things to come right for them but they've had a shocker of a start so far.

Spending rules only apply to clubs who've got nowt. If you've got the money you can spend as much as you like. No such thing as FFP
Whatever the rules are, this is the reality.

And those additions must surely include an increase in height and physicality which has often been lacking this season.

Last edited:
Whatever the rules are, this is the reality.

And those additions must surely include an increase in height and physicality which has often been lacking this season.
They have but we’ve been a bit unlucky in terms of losing some of that for big chunks of the season. Stewart, Batth, Ballard, Cirkin and Alese have missed a fair few games and would add substantially to height and physicality. Simms also provided height and some physicality. We’ve since also added Ekwah.

Back