Championship transfers

Steesafc

Striker
Rotherham have signed Conor Washington from Charlton on a free.
Bristol City have signed Kal Naismith from Luton (hell on about this one, Luton claiming they knew nothing about it until BC unveiled him!)
West Brom have signed John Swift from Reading.
Cardiff have signed someone called Adams from Forest Green, Jak Alnwick from St Mirren and a left back called Collins from Paderborn.
It'll be interesting to see what the rest of the league do, especially to see how much ambition Wigan and Rotherham show. Obviously they've signed Conor Washington, unsure about that one he wasn't exactly spectacular in League One!

Rotherham have signed Conor Washington from Charlton on a free.
Bristol City have signed Kal Naismith from Luton (hell on about this one, Luton claiming they knew nothing about it until BC unveiled him!)
West Brom have signed John Swift from Reading.
Cardiff have signed someone called Adams from Forest Green, Jak Alnwick from St Mirren and a left back called Collins from Paderborn.
It'll be interesting to see what the rest of the league do, especially to see how much ambition Wigan and Rotherham show. Obviously they've signed Conor Washington, unsure about that one he wasn't exactly spectacular in League One!
these are emlematic of the fact champo clubs are potless and the days of £10m striker signings are done...its a huge help to safc

What is the tv money for being in the championship these days? Must be more with all the red button games and main channels games on sky.

Reading losing their only half decent player is an ominous sign for them.
They only have 8 players left now from the first team squad as so many contracts have expired. Still under a transfer embargo too.

Their fans were all following Pisa in the Serie B play off final last night as they have a player on loan there with an obligation to buy for €5M if they went up.....they lost in extra time :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder what the relegated clubs will do with their pp.

Norwich likely to bank it and gamble on an upward swing of the yo-yo.

Burnley skint.

Watford, probably spend a fair amount.

I think it’s very helpful for us as teams on a half decent budget have managed to finish mid-table. Teams like Stoke who have spent millions are cutting back, could also pick at a few teams as well
i think stolke had to cut back because they had loads of expensive players on contracts and were in danger of breaching the spending rules..they have spent the past season or so moving those on..and when they have the headroom, the fantastically wealthy owners will spend...i dont know if they are at the stage where hey can spend yet..but they have moved a lot of players on

i think stolke had to cut back because they had loads of expensive players on contracts and were in danger of breaching the spending rules..they have spent the past season or so moving those on..and when they have the headroom, the fantastically wealthy owners will spend...i dont know if they are at the stage where hey can spend yet..but they have moved a lot of players on
Spending rules only apply to clubs who've got nowt. If you've got the money you can spend as much as you like. No such thing as FFP

Looks like ITV are taking over the highlights package from Quest. The existing live deal with Sky runs to the end of 23/24. I can't see the switch to ITV for highlights only bringing in much more cash than currently.
Might have meant years ahead. Just seen an article a few weeks back.

I wonder what the relegated clubs will do with their pp.

Norwich likely to bank it and gamble on an upward swing of the yo-yo.

Burnley skint.

Watford, probably spend a fair amount.
I posted this a few times but I think Watford are in the shit. I’m not itk or pretend to be.

Similar to the way we were. they have some aging/useless players on the books that are high earners. They will struggle to shift
Sissoko £80k a week (probably won’t be able to shift him)
Rose £62k a week (won’t be able to shift him)
Sarr £62k a week
Goslin £40k a week

They need to replace both keepers and the manager.
That’s just the start.

Everything about them stinks of the way we were.

But going off what I know about footy it’ll be a safe bet for them to win the league now :lol:

Back