Championship Manager 93, 96/97 and 97/98

93 on Amiga copied disks always fucked up, also champ man Italia, told a mate cheat formation 3-3-1-3, win every match 7/8/9 -0 bar the odd game when you’d lose 1-0 after 30 attempts to their 1, mate would play season after season cheating, pointless!

Football manager is out on Xbox, might give it a go, tho struggle to muster same enthusiasm nowadays, had it on kids Nintendo switch recently got bored quite quickly

Nothing better than selecting in your striker attribute limits only to press search and see a random 18 year old with ridiculous stats!
Tom Youngs from Cambridge was the first player I always bought on a new save

Demis Ohandjanian at Macclesfield always banged em in too.

I'd sign Carl Veart if I was desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
00/01 or 01/02 (red cover) was the first computer game I ever played. Hand me down from the nephew in exchange for the new one for his birthday! Proceeded like for the next ten years! I was always playing a year behind with all its tip sheet style advantages.
Bought a new one once. Bollocks to that it’s ower much fannying on without a signings hit list ready made.
Downloaded the simple version 17/18 onto iPad. That’s more like it. We are now one of the big six.

Was it 93/94 or 94/95 that had Vialli on free and Zinho at some Japanese side?

Seem to remember some quality at Penarol as well. Pablo Bengoecha or something.

Guess I'm showing my age here.

Still love the game, but has never got any better since being able to sign gems like Mads Jorgensen and Tonton Zola Moukoko. Think it was the players you’d never heard of that then became in game legends that made it. Simon Davies and Matthew Ethrington from Peterborough back in the day was a class double signing!
Tom Youngs from Cambridge was the first player I always bought on a new save
Yes!!! Youngs and Trevor Benjamin iirc were great signings

Last edited:

Back