Celebrations

We must be at the same time the best and worst team to play for. Look at Beale. Chants to get out a couple of matches in, and then close to tears at the crowd's response regarding his niece.

We're mental, but mostly in the good way.

Luke O'Nein gets it.

But why do these fans boo??. I honestly cannot understand it and I really wish they would fuck off....and then it sickens me when the match turns and the same fans start to cheer.....Do they not understand by booing they only undermne our players on the pitch and give the opposing team and fans are huge lift. It is cringeworthy and embarrassing and no wonder our players must think why do i celebrate with these same fans when only 15 mins ago they were jeering me.

Just think sometimes of your actions and try and calm your emotions down....it really is embarrassing to hear and make us look like fools. In no other sport do fans boo their own players but we do it almost every time things go bad.......British sportsman like Ronnie O Sullivan , Tyson Fury , Ben Stokes , Tommy Fleetwood , Lewis Hamilton etc all play badly at some point and cant win every round or game, but they still get encouraged and supported no matter what happens.....get a f***ing grip and support the team ....if we are losing then just stay quiet and dont boo........to me the only time a player should be booed is if he doesnt try....mistakes and playing badly is part of sport and its why its unpredictable.

Nowt odd about it. He just scored a screamer and pointed to his badge and cupped his ear.

You thought you did, but you didn't. 😂

Don't think he cupped his ear, more pointed. As I said, seemed a touch odd like he was making some kind of point.

Vaughan (or the other shit CF we had at the time) at Burton away was the worst example at the time. Have it to our fans in the seats even though we’d been dead patient to him and he was utter cack.

Jobe is well into our fans. Loves gee’ing it up in a positive way, like he did to our corner at Hull before we scored.
i remember that. he went on like an utter cock. i'm sure one of our players realised the fans mood went from celebrating the goal to turning quite nasty towards him and dragged him away but i forget who it was.

I thought the Clarke one was because they were booed off at halftime. I‘m not sure whether Jobe’s was just a young lad trying to gee up the fans or a bit of petulance from a kid who has received criticism and has been dropped. Either way, they’re both young lads who have responded brilliantly on the field, so it doesn’t bother me. Hopefully Jobe keeps that dynamism in his game going forward, it was a display that we were seeing regularly at the beginning of the season.
Jack does it every goal he scores just wants the volume up. Class act is Jack, loves us and we should be showing him more love than he gets.

But why do these fans boo??. I honestly cannot understand it and I really wish they would fuck off....and then it sickens me when the match turns and the same fans start to cheer.....Do they not understand by booing they only undermne our players on the pitch and give the opposing team and fans are huge lift. It is cringeworthy and embarrassing and no wonder our players must think why do i celebrate with these same fans when only 15 mins ago they were jeering me.

Just think sometimes of your actions and try and calm your emotions down....it really is embarrassing to hear and make us look like fools. In no other sport do fans boo their own players but we do it almost every time things go bad.......British sportsman like Ronnie O Sullivan , Tyson Fury , Ben Stokes , Tommy Fleetwood , Lewis Hamilton etc all play badly at some point and cant win every round or game, but they still get encouraged and supported no matter what happens.....get a f***ing grip and support the team ....if we are losing then just stay quiet and dont boo........to me the only time a player should be booed is if he doesnt try....mistakes and playing badly is part of sport and its why its unpredictable.
Alternate viewpoint is that they were booed off at halftime, then sorted themselves out as a result and scored 3 in the second half and won. Who's to say the booing at half time wasn't the biggest contributor to that increase in tempo second half?

Alternate viewpoint is that they were booed off at halftime, then sorted themselves out as a result and scored 3 in the second half and won. Who's to say the booing at half time wasn't the biggest contributor to that increase in tempo second half?
Doubt that.......I'm sure that in life if anyone booed me because I was performing badly then it would not stir me to perform better....in fact I would see those who boo as the enemy and think wtf....this is probably why young players when they first start playing at the SOL find that it can be a difficult place to feel comfortasble if you have idiots booing at you.............this is probably why the cupping of the ears by Jobe was done because he will have heard the fans in recent week get on his back.......its just ridiculous behaviour and not the sort of thing you see in any working or sporting environment anywhere....e.g Ben Stokes gets out first ball and is booed off the pitch...do you think that would help him when he reappears to bat in the 2nd innings knowing that if it happens again he will face the backlash of the angry crowd.....the pressure of making a mistake must be immense and it does make you perform worse....go and source any coaching manual on helping a player to perform better, booing and ridiculing them is not the answer.

Apart from all that , this is my team that I defend , support and love and I hate anyone mocking them to the extent of booing......i boo the Mags etc , not my own team

I thought the Clarke one was because they were booed off at halftime. I‘m not sure whether Jobe’s was just a young lad trying to gee up the fans or a bit of petulance from a kid who has received criticism and has been dropped. Either way, they’re both young lads who have responded brilliantly on the field, so it doesn’t bother me. Hopefully Jobe keeps that dynamism in his game going forward, it was a display that we were seeing regularly at the beginning of the season.
They weren’t booed off at half time

They weren’t booed off at half time
what were the boos for then? It wasn’t just when the officials went down the tunnel
Some will have been booing the ref but I’d say a decent amount booed them off.

It’s usually the same knuckle draggers that jeer off the players when it isn’t going well

Last edited:
Doubt that.......I'm sure that in life if anyone booed me because I was performing badly then it would not stir me to perform better....in fact I would see those who boo as the enemy and think wtf....this is probably why young players when they first start playing at the SOL find that it can be a difficult place to feel comfortasble if you have idiots booing at you.............this is probably why the cupping of the ears by Jobe was done because he will have heard the fans in recent week get on his back.......its just ridiculous behaviour and not the sort of thing you see in any working or sporting environment anywhere....e.g Ben Stokes gets out first ball and is booed off the pitch...do you think that would help him when he reappears to bat in the 2nd innings knowing that if it happens again he will face the backlash of the angry crowd.....the pressure of making a mistake must be immense and it does make you perform worse....go and source any coaching manual on helping a player to perform better, booing and ridiculing them is not the answer.

Apart from all that , this is my team that I defend , support and love and I hate anyone mocking them to the extent of booing......i boo the Mags etc , not my own team
You made all of this up

Even if he had done, how fuckin sensitive are some of our fans!? :lol:

"Oh no he may or may not have shushed us."

People need to get out more.
I don’t know.

I was in the ground for the Bebeto “baby rock” celebration in USA 94.

I was, at the time, being treated for a low sperm count and couldn’t believe a player
would be so insensitive as to taunt me like that.

Well Jobes celebration alluded exactly to as much as he was responding to the stick he got, so obviously worked as motivation there

Back