CCTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

I once had this discussion with a policeman about installing a camera to video my drive and the cul-de-sac we used to live.

My grandkids were getting some trouble from an old bloke over playing at the end area. They were only five and four at the time

I was told in no uncertain terms, that this would be frowned upon and I would be arrested if I installed one.

So I didn't but I find it curious on some of these real crime shows, which obviously use footage from home security systems.

I once had this discussion with a policeman about installing a camera to video my drive and the cul-de-sac we used to live.

My grandkids were getting some trouble from an old bloke over playing at the end area. They were only five and four at the time

I was told in no uncertain terms, that this would be frowned upon and I would be arrested if I installed one.

So I didn't but I find it curious on some of these real crime shows, which obviously use footage from home security systems.
Creosote + front window
@Paddy O'Dors knows this method surely

Spoilt it now saying that. I will just Krav Maga your ass.
Like I said before arm wrestling is the way forward might even get some bets going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently there have been some issues where I live with car tyres and wing mirrors being damaged. Anyone know of a CCTV camera I can fit inside the house that will look out the window and record on a cloud, or a decent installer that could set one up outside. Away SMB I need help
Horrible bastards.

We've got a council one right outside our house and I caught it a few times watching the footie on our telly which was ok. I then caught it watching me and Mrs Bresslaw getting fruity on the settee and things got a bit nasty.
I live in an upstairs flat...

Inside of a window no good for night time, infra red will reflect of glass and all you see is the light reflected. Got mine of eBay, bought a system and put a hard drive in the box, worked out about £60 for a 2 camera system

This! It’s useless at night through glass. Tried it, didn’t work.

Morse’s workaround:-

On the cameras where you can unscrew the end piece that surrounds the camera sensor and IR LED ring, if you remove it there’s often a little two pin connector inside that supplies the IR LEDs. If you unplug that, it disables the IR and provided you have decent street lighting and the camera is reasonably sensitive, you can get decent footage at night. It worked great until I made other arrangements.

Recently there have been some issues where I live with car tyres and wing mirrors being damaged. Anyone know of a CCTV camera I can fit inside the house that will look out the window and record on a cloud, or a decent installer that could set one up outside. Away SMB I need help

Millfield? ;)

Last edited:

got a emal for one on amazon off hotukdeals but can't bloody find it now,

CCTV Deals ⇒ Cheap price, best Sale in UK - HotUKDeals

somene had put one of the indoor one's under eaves

this one

Logon or register to see this image

YI Dome Camera 1080p HD Pan/Tilt/Zoom w/ Night Vision (Black version) & more £39.99/£38.99 with Promo @ Amazon YI - HotUKDeals

Last edited:
Get all the correct signage stating that you're recording footage of the area, otherwise any footage will be next to useless even if you catch someone in the act.
its 7 years since I worked in this area so things may have changed somewhat
you don't need signage unless you are in a public area of a building or for a police custody suite for example.
It is arguable as to whether that covers an area directly outside your house which covers where you park your car. In fairness I have never known cctv to be rejected on that basis. If it is just filming the street for no good reason, that is a different argument altogether as that may breach some human rights issue.
The cctv itself, has to be of good quality and must be able to take off the recording and record it onto a write once read many type of drive.
For to be off value the time should be accurate, but in anycase the police should do a timecheck and noting what time and date your system states. that way they can guage the accurate time on the tape.
It is also surprising about the amount of poor quality cctv. where it covers a large area for example but captures no details of the face. the police programmes where they say look at this and press a couple of buttons is just fantasy.
ive known some cctv go across to the fbi and although they can improve it, generally its not great and definitely not as good as tv programmes suggest.
consider whether you want covert or overt. overt means if an offender is going to target your house, hoody will be up and face turned away. overt may only be good after the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back