CC : Worcestershire v Durham

That would be weird. Plantar fascitis isn't something you just get out of nowhere, it's a life long condition you have to manage.

You don’t know you have it til your first diagnosis for it though….

Seemingly that isn’t the case here, but the point still stands ;).

Last edited:
You don’t know you have it til you’re first diagnosis for it though….
That's the minefield about it. When I got it as lockdown started (March 2020) I was just told to take a few painkillers and I didn't get an official "diagnosis" until August 2021 when I had my ultrasound and only then it wasnt conclusive until it showed up on an MRI scan in December 2022. It's was all very much assumption based until then. Physio at the student injury clinic at work has helped a lot, as doctors basically have no idea how to treat it in my opinion (that isn't a criticism). I was discharged after 5 mins of NHS physio hence the physio at work has been a great help. There is no official cure for it. Only an MRI scan will truly reveal a diagnosis. The injection in the heel (Dec 2021) is only a short term fix as well and to be honest it came back far worse about 6-8 months later.

Last edited:
You don’t know you have it til your first diagnosis for it though….

Seemingly that isn’t the case here, but the point still stands ;).
Sure but this isnt a student in his 20s who pulls pints on a weekend in the ferret and forghorn, were talking about a 35 year old international fast bowler

That's the minefield about it. When I got it as lockdown started (March 2020) I was just told to take a few painkillers and I didn't get an official "diagnosis" until August 2021 when I had my ultrasound and only then it wasnt conclusive until it showed up on an MRI scan in December 2022. It's was all very much assumption based until then. Physio at the student injury clinic at work has helped a lot, as doctors basically have no idea how to treat it in my opinion (that isn't a criticism). I was discharged after 5 mins of NHS physio hence the physio at work has been a great help. There is no official cure for it. Only an MRI scan will truly reveal a diagnosis. The injection in the heel (Dec 2021) is only a short term fix as well and to be honest it came back far worse about 6-8 months later.

Used to work with a bloke who got it when he was 48 :eek:

Played football all his life and never had any issues, then started running marathons in his forties and became crippled with pain with it.

Regarding this game, I’m looking forward to seeing a bit of cricket, obviously the first game was washed out and I was really busy at work for the first two days of last week which was clearly a blessing.

I don’t think Worcestershire are to be taken lightly, they’ve had the better of the two games they’ve played so far and I think they’ll surprise a few this year despite being everyone’s favourites to go down. I think it’s very much a case of there being a few teams in this Division who are on a downward trajectory and who will need to be careful. They perhaps think they’re too good to go down, but complacency can be dangerous - Yorkshire and Middlesex from previous years will attest to that.

We could do with getting a move on if the weather is kind to us, I’m not too worried about Boland missing this game if they’re managing his injury, our attack is still one of the best in the country even with his absence, but I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he leaves us. I haven’t been as excited about an overseas signing for years and I really thought he could bowl us to glory.
Sure but this isnt a student in his 20s who pulls pints on a weekend in the ferret and forghorn, were talking about a 35 year old international fast bowler

As mentioned above, a former work colleague got it at 48 (he didn’t pull pints or bowl for a living granted). It’s common to not manifest itself until later life.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, a former work colleague got it at 48 (he didn’t pull pints or bowl for a living granted). It’s common to not manifest itself until later life.
As you say, he started running marathons and suddenly it happened, not a coincidence. Boland Will have been running in daily since being a bairn.

Anyway, i don't know why we're all overthinking this so much :lol: :lol:

Let's just smash the sauce lads 😎

Looking at Worcestershire they have gone for two seam bowling all rounders as their overseas options who bat at 7 and 8. Jason Holder who they signed on a short term deal on the eve on the start of the seson. Also Nathan Smith a Kiwi who i have never heard of but appears to have had a much bigger impact in the opening two matches. The top 6 look workman like although Kashir who they have signed from the south asian academy has started the season with two hundreds.
Weather looks good so at a club ground in April with a dukes ball there should be a result. Personally fancy Durham to win this.

Back