CC :: Sussex v Leicestershire

brandon

Striker
Rare that we do individual match threads for County Championship games not involving Durham, but this one is important for us of course, because this could be the game that secures our promotion back to Division One.

Anything less than 19 points for Leicestershire here would mean we are promoted.

Sussex, who have struggled to take 20 wickets all season are without Olly Robinson and rumoured to be without Indian overseas paceman Jaydev Unadkat - although he was named in their initial 14 man squad.

For Leicestershire, they have the spin twins of Rehan Ahmed and Durham-bound Callum Parkinson in their squad along with on-loan seamer Scott Currie (from Hampfrica). In quite an interesting twist, along with Parkinson, Leicestershire also field Colin Ackermann which means two of their players in this game will be directly influencing the fortunes of both their current and their future employers up at Durham with their performances.

I don’t suspect, of course, they’ll do anything other than give their all and if I’m honest, nothing would please me greater than to see a situation this season where Durham win the league and are joined next season in Division One by Leicestershire going up in second place.

Back