CC: Middlesex vs Durham

Oh me of little faith!!:oops::lol:

Superb win for Durham and speaking of faith I'm over the moon that Carse is repaying the club for standing by him during all his injuries with performances like that.

Next up....Northants!
I think a lot of the coaches at Durham have known since they signed him up that he had that bit extra about him.
It's only injuries that have stopped him making an impression earlier.
After that abysmal start this is turning out to be a promising season regardless of promotion or not.

Oh me of little faith!!:oops::lol:

Superb win for Durham and speaking of faith I'm over the moon that Carse is repaying the club for standing by him during all his injuries with performances like that.

Next up....Northants!
I think a lot of the coaches at Durham have known since they signed him up that he had that bit extra about him.
It's only injuries that have stopped him making an impression earlier.
After that abysmal start this is turning out to be a promising season regardless of promotion or not.
Is he UK registered or Kolpak?

He is not eligible for England for I believe another season possibly 2. But has been stopping in England over past 2 winters so he spends enough time in the country for his qualification time each year.
Spot on cheers.

How frustrating that fatty cosgrove defied us as we'd be sat strongly in second right now.

Looks like leics have capitulated against Northants so my guess is likely after the end of this rounds fixtures. Maybe sussex could end up winning too and so bringing gloucs back into the fold on 156 instead.

Lancs 204
Gloucs 162
Northants 161
Durham 147
Glam 136
Sussex 135

Is he UK registered or Kolpak?
the cricinfo mini bio

Brydon Carse, a zippy fast bowler with a fast arm action, impressed at both ends of a 2016 summer that also saw him succumb to injury in mid-season. He made his first-class debut against Durham MCCU and finished with 17 wickets in eight matches. Carse was born in South Africa, but he is entitled to an ancestry visa because one of his grandparents was born in Britain and plays for a Durham as a Kolpak signing. His first appearance in the north-east was for Burnmoor in the Durham League in 2014.

Excellent result
Well done lads ,you really can never write them off
Some exceptional stump clattering from Brydon Carse
Career best figures ,the clubs faith in this lad after all of his injuries is certainly paying off now.

Been busy as fuck at work today, so haven’t followed as much as I’d have liked - but a massive win that. Brilliant fight as per usual, to win from them being 99-3 is a sign of our gritty determination.

This is only our third win at Lords, the first under Boon propelled us into the inaugural Division One season - hopefully that’s a good onen for 2019.
—————

Edit: I got a tenner on our lads at 7/4 too :cool:

Last edited:
Been busy as fuck at work today, so haven’t followed as much as I’d have liked - but a massive win that. Brilliant fight as per usual, to win from them being 99-3 is a sign of our gritty determination.

This is only our third win at Lords, the first under Boon propelled us into the inaugural Division One season - hopefully that’s a good onen for 2019.
—————

Edit: I got a tenner on our lads at 7/4 too :cool:

some great odds today for Durham, anyone who put money on deserves it

Going to Sunderland branch meeting in London tonight, QA with Rushy and few of the players

Wonder if Colly and Stokes might make an appearance!

some great odds today for Durham, anyone who put money on deserves it

Going to Sunderland branch meeting in London tonight, QA with Rushy and few of the players

Wonder if Colly and Stokes might make an appearance!

Colly might, Stokes will be at the Spurs do :rolleyes:

Spot on cheers.

How frustrating that fatty cosgrove defied us as we'd be sat strongly in second right now.

Looks like leics have capitulated against Northants so my guess is likely after the end of this rounds fixtures. Maybe sussex could end up winning too and so bringing gloucs back into the fold on 156 instead.

Lancs 204
Gloucs 162
Northants 161
Durham 147
Glam 136
Sussex 135

I can see Sussex defeating Gloucs which will bring them back into the equation after their massive mid season wobble.

Going to be interesting that's for sure.

Fantastic win

Anyone still think we should play Salisbury over Carse? 😉
raises ✋

.... not really, the proof of the pudding etc. but I ain't gonna back off from my opinion that Salisbury is a good bowler.
Salisbury, half the number of games and coincidently half the number of wickets at a slightly better average.

Back