CC: Lancashire v Durham

After comprehensively beating Sussex in arguably Durham's best performance since the 'New Era' began we now move to the idyllic setting of Sedbergh School (Director of Cricket...Martin Speight:D)

Lancashire are unbeaten in the CC having won four and drawn three and currently lie one point behind suprise leaders Glamorgan with a game in hand on 113 pts while Durham are 8th on 67.

I can't imagine there will any changes to the Durham team although the Lancs website hinted that there maybe a hint of spin in the wicket so possibly Pringle may be added to the squad.

Lancashire's attack is fairly decent to say the least!! :lol:and of course I'm sure Messrs Onions and Jennings will be reserving their best for the visit of their former club.

The weather forecast?...well I'm sure we all know that it can be rather changeable in that part of England and it's forecast for light rain for the first two days but like I've said before you might as well ask next door's cat these days.

Good luck to Durham and hope the handful of DCCC supporters making the journey have a great time.

Haway The Lads!!

If the forecast for Day 1 is for outbreaks of rain, I’d opt to bowl first. If it’s going to be a stop-start day with moisture around I’d back our bowlers to do some damage over our batsmen having to face Anderson & Onions.

Questions from me:

will Clark get another go (isn't Sedbugh his old school?)
Could Pringle come in for Clark?
Is S Steel ready for CC?
Potts or Weighell? (Weighell didn't do a lot last game but we know he can if in form)
Will the coach think about shuffling the pack of bowlers to manage fitness and keep bowlers fresh?

It doesn't look like C Steel has overcome that knock on the head yet, so I wouldn't think he's up for consideration.
All of a sudden the batting link up looks fairly settled with the exception of Clark. That's what a run of good results does I reckon.

Lancs are a bit muddled at the minute, Villas has taken the gloves off Davies, who has been pushed up to open, Hammed dropped to 3, Livingstone as low as 5.

Back