Derbys (uncontested).....Durham 96
Warwicks (Warwicks win toss) Warwick 424*
Northants (uncontested)...Durham 129
Sussex (uncontested)......Durham 103
Middlesex (Middlesex won toss)...Middx 121

*2pm-9pm.
It was also the best summer since 1976.

Last edited:

The uncontested toss is the main reason given as to why Durham bat so badly at the Riverside and some blame is put on the state and preparation of the wicket.
But why did Two World Cup games produce first innings scores over 300 and why was it easy for Roy and Bairstow to bash the ball to all parts sundry from first ball
They even started earlier and surely Vic knows that we are always going to bat first and that knowing that he doesn’t in anyway prepare a wicket that will disadvantage Durham on purpose
The question of early moisture and swing has some effect but in my opinion the batters must take a lot of responsibility for failure after failure to dig in and make a score
In my opinion Burnham,Clark,Pringle are just poor and should be released when contracts come to an end and replaced with better
Credit to Ned and Raine for making some fight back and God knows why Trevaskis was dropped in favour of Pringle

As mentioned earlier, Trevaskis is injured

The uncontested toss is the main reason given as to why Durham bat so badly at the Riverside and some blame is put on the state and preparation of the wicket.
But why did Two World Cup games produce first innings scores over 300 and why was it easy for Roy and Bairstow to bash the ball to all parts sundry from first ball
They even started earlier and surely Vic knows that we are always going to bat first and that knowing that he doesn’t in anyway prepare a wicket that will disadvantage Durham on purpose
The question of early moisture and swing has some effect but in my opinion the batters must take a lot of responsibility for failure after failure to dig in and make a score
In my opinion Burnham,Clark,Pringle are just poor and should be released when contracts come to an end and replaced with better
Credit to Ned and Raine for making some fight back and God knows why Trevaskis was dropped in favour of Pringle

Red ball does 4/5 times more than the white ball and for a much longer time. In the WC we’ve seen the call stop swinging after what, 6 overs? Whereas in our last home game, I remember watching the stream and the ball was still swinging at 60 overs old.

Then obviously as you say, we’ve got a horrific batting line up from 3-7.

Out of interest heres last season's home games and first innings totals:
Kent (uncontested).........Durham 109
Leics (Durham won toss)....Leics 440
Derbys (uncontested).....Durham 96
Warwicks (Warwicks win toss) Warwick 424*
Northants (uncontested)...Durham 129
Sussex (uncontested)......Durham 103
Middlesex (Middlesex won toss)...Middx 121

*2pm-9pm.
It was also the best summer since 1976.
With the exception of a couple of scores by visiting teams, you could say we've done quite canny today ;)

Weren’t the WC wickets produced under ICC guidance?
I have no wicket preparing knowledge whatsoever.

Weren’t the WC wickets produced under ICC guidance?
I have no wicket preparing knowledge whatsoever.
Yes, which was a surprise when we got India and Australia at edgbaston. Was expecting Cardiff for India and lords for the aussies

Back