CC: Durham vs Worcs

Rain getting heavier here.
I seem to remember last time Worcs were here it was like this..one of those CC games that started at 2pm and finished 9pm.

Quite a few new faces at this game.Its a shame they've seen next to nothing.

Last edited:
Home games are a farce we are totally screwed batting first each time.

Something has to change.....

would be interesting to see if every club is as badly affected by this as us. obviously we're not a great side atm but if every team struggles more at home than away compared to how things were before this rule change you have to think it is hardly going to help attendances if everytime you go to watch your team play they're getting beat

Hows it so wet at Chester Le Street. I'm at Raby castle with the lass and it's been pretty nice weathwr

There's a match going on too haven't heard much in the way of celebration so unlikely 47/6

Yes Harte. I was replying to your post.
You said "shocker" and "high". Now you say "knee roll" and "in front of leg".
Hardly a "shocker" then ?

Erm, no, because by hitting him on the knee roll it implies the ball would’ve likely gone over the top and by hitting him infront of leg, from a right arm bowler coming over the wicket, it means it’s more than likely missing leg stump.......

would be interesting to see if every club is as badly affected by this as us. obviously we're not a great side atm but if every team struggles more at home than away compared to how things were before this rule change you have to think it is hardly going to help attendances if everytime you go to watch your team play they're getting beat

Especially when it was supposed to bring about more opportunities for spin and to ultimately aid English batsmen for Test Cricket.

None of that appears to have happened.

Last edited:
Erm, no, because by hitting him on the knee roll it implies the ball would’ve likely gone over the top and by hitting him infront of leg, from a right arm bowler coming over the wicket, it means it’s more than likely missing leg stump.......

Especially when it was supposed to bring about more opportunities for spin and to ultimately aid English batsmen for Test Cricket.

Umpires call

4 out if the 7 matches started today had a toss. It's more of a Durham problem than a county cricket problem.

certainly not up here but wasn't sure about other grounds

4 out if the 7 matches started today had a toss. It's more of a Durham problem than a county cricket problem.

i see. however it can be hard to judge just looking at that, as that may just be a weather factor. i think you'd have to either look at many cases over the course of a long period or look at each case individually

Last edited:
These two to the rescue again. We have three batsmen that shouldn’t be getting a game and wouldn’t for any other team......zero options though

The uncontested toss is the main reason given as to why Durham bat so badly at the Riverside and some blame is put on the state and preparation of the wicket.
But why did Two World Cup games produce first innings scores over 300 and why was it easy for Roy and Bairstow to bash the ball to all parts sundry from first ball
They even started earlier and surely Vic knows that we are always going to bat first and that knowing that he doesn’t in anyway prepare a wicket that will disadvantage Durham on purpose
The question of early moisture and swing has some effect but in my opinion the batters must take a lot of responsibility for failure after failure to dig in and make a score
In my opinion Burnham,Clark,Pringle are just poor and should be released when contracts come to an end and replaced with better
Credit to Ned and Raine for making some fight back and God knows why Trevaskis was dropped in favour of Pringle

Last edited:

Back