CC: Durham vs Leicestershire

Sussex beat Middlesex by 7 wickets

101 partnership for Wells and Carey. Good news as keeps those below us on similar points, creates a nice litte gap if we can win this tomorrow.

Sounds like it's been tough going getting wickets this afternoon, but hopefully the remaining seven will go down in the morning.
Marty made an interesting point about the use of the heavy roller before Leicestershire's second innings: he reckoned the pitch would spring back as the afternoon went on (doesn't seem to have made much difference!). At the beginning of the final day's play, only the light roller can be used, which potentially could make the surface more lively tomorrow. I never knew that you couldn't have the heavy roller on the final day, until he mentioned it :confused:

Sounds like it's been tough going getting wickets this afternoon, but hopefully the remaining seven will go down in the morning.
Marty made an interesting point about the use of the heavy roller before Leicestershire's second innings: he reckoned the pitch would spring back as the afternoon went on (doesn't seem to have made much difference!). At the beginning of the final day's play, only the light roller can be used, which potentially could make the surface more lively tomorrow. I never knew that you couldn't have the heavy roller on the final day, until he mentioned it :confused:
It's because they've already used it once during the match, and that's your lot:

"9.2 Law 9.1.3 (Choice of rollers) is replaced by:
A light roller must be available. A roller heavier than
1000kg must also be available, which after the toss
for innings, each team may use it only once. Within
such constraint, the Captain of the batting side shall
choose which roller, if any, is to be used."

We can hop from 7th to 2nd tomorrow morning.
Were 5th currently and Derbyshire would need to win for that to happen.

Imagine that is unlikely. Reckon we could be third 2 points behind Gloucs

Edit: cricinfo update bonus points during game hence why we have varying tables, can see beeb has us 7th

Last edited:
It's because they've already used it once during the match, and that's your lot:

"9.2 Law 9.1.3 (Choice of rollers) is replaced by:
A light roller must be available. A roller heavier than
1000kg must also be available, which after the toss
for innings, each team may use it only once. Within
such constraint, the Captain of the batting side shall
choose which roller, if any, is to be used."
Ah, so there we go. Cheers! :)

The updated table shows us 7th after the Sussex result. I suppose we'd like a Derby win, or to bat on too long and Gloucester save the draw.
Doesn't have the bonus points on BBC. Does on cricinfo.

Hasn't updated sussex win yet so still has them on 106

Haha typical! I remained to the bitter end the last two days but left with one over to go and heard the cheer for the wicket as I was walking through the gates!...but not to worry.

Durham stuck to their task on a wicket that isn't offering much so hopefully we can wrap up the well deserved victory tomorrow...and great to see Carse fulfilling his potential

Well I've absolutely loved those 3 days and looking forward to tomorrow. Feel as though tomorrow is absolutely critical for Durham.
If we win that puts us on 139 points. Critical time

Last edited:
Haha typical! I remained to the bitter end the last two days but left with one over to go and heard the cheer for the wicket as I was walking through the gates!...but not to worry.

Durham stuck to their task on a wicket that isn't offering much so hopefully we can wrap up the well deserved victory tomorrow...and great to see Carse fulfilling his potential
It's massive isn't it, how Carse has stayed free from injury and is now fulfilling the talent we've all known has been there. Along with little Pottsy, these 2 have been great all season. We've hardly missed Salisbury and Weighell. Now for Scott Steel to kick on and join Burnham in the XI and we've a core of home-grown lads who can be stars for years to come. It's been a long road back but the tide is finally turning.

spare a thought for little old me. couldn't make the fantastic first two days. came after work yesterday, heard a cheer as i walked in, saw 2 wickets in about 4 hours then left and heard we'd took another on the radio

Doesn't appear to be a matchday stream?

Just has yesterdays full play as the main video on the match centre.

edit: nevermind, just still badged as day three. Haway Durham, these two out before lunch would be excellent.

Last edited:

Back